Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm going to do the preemptive :weenie: to save whoever wants to chuck one at this comment...

it's not my board, but i wish folks could tone down the tv met, local nws office, private met (be it JB/DT whoever) discussion stuff.

if the person isn't here to defend their thinking, it kinda blows to call him/her an idiot, worst at their job, gfs hugger, etc. etc. posting their forecast is one thing, but then calling them out, saying they are dumb or whatnot is unnecessary.

you'd be surprised who knows who around here. just my $.02 on the matter and i'm sure it won't prevent it in the future.

Not sure if you were directing this at me, but I was merely making a general note regarding posting totals on t.v. the Monday before a Wed. Thurs. storm, and did not call anyone out particularly. I think many would agree that such action is jumping the gun, and a prime example of trying to be the first to scoop the storm totals, so to speak.

People are very sensitive wrt snow.

Still gives no reason to bash on the TV Mets,HPC or the NWS, There are peoples livelihood and credibility that are at stake here and to go balls to the wall on there 1st call leaves only to backpedaling when things change, Lot easier raising totals then having to reduce them and look like a fool.........

Not really, 8-12 and 4-8 NW right on the edge of Will'ish area. I just don't think it's needed. Sure we can debate why Barry is a no go but darn he REALLY explained his thoughts...if hes wrong who cares...

The ARW from the other thread. The NMM IMO has been better for us but I dont see it posted yet.

Wonder why... :whistle:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller?prevpage=Param&MainPage=indexℑ=&page=Param&cycle=01%2F25%2F2011+12UTC&rname=PRECIP+PARMS&pname=precip_p48&model=HRW-NMM-EUS&area=EUS&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE&areaDesc=Eastern+United+States&fcast=Loop+All

Not sure if you were directing this at me, but I was merely making a general note regarding posting totals on t.v. the Monday before a Wed. Thurs. storm, and did not call anyone out particularly. I think many would agree that such action is jumping the gun, and a prime example of trying to be the first to scoop the storm totals, so to speak.

No, its probably at me, and its justified, but I just get aggravated when I see the same Mets hugging the same models time in and time out

Not sure if you were directing this at me, but I was merely making a general note regarding posting totals on t.v. the Monday before a Wed. Thurs. storm. I think many would agree that such action is jumping the gun, and a prime example of trying to be the first to scoop the storm totals, so to speak.

lol ya...i was just saying i want burbank to wet his pants when the euro comes out. i.e i hope the euro stays bullish. obviously barry is a very good met. but i want to see him dead wrong.

Not sure if you were directing this at me, but I was merely making a general note regarding posting totals on t.v. the Monday before a Wed. Thurs. storm. I think many would agree that such action is jumping the gun, and a prime example of trying to be the first to scoop the storm totals, so to speak.

no, not at all. it honestly wasn't directed at any one poster and wasn't even really specific to today.

no worries.

Still gives no reason to bash on the TV Mets,HPC or the NWS, There are peoples livelihood and credibility that are at stake here and to go balls to the wall on there 1st call leaves only to backpedaling when things change, Lot easier raising totals then having to reduce them and look like a fool.........

You are right. I made a post yesterday designed to get some bashing going on and it was knocked out of the park. The whole Bastardi thing...it's really embarrasing to read people on here say Burbank is not justified in UPPING totals than REDUCING THEM. agree, a 12-18" forecast causes HYSTERIA within the media and social outlets that really weighs a much more significant lasting impression, than say a 3-6" forecast with room to up totals?

Anyway enough OT sorry lol

Archived