Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will could you go a bit further west. What do you see for Leb and Plymouth NH, .75 or so??

Looks like about 0.60" for LEB over to Plymouth NH give or take a tenth depending on what side of town you are on...theres a pretty sharp gradient along that line.

I would say legit sleet concerns are along the Merritt in CT over to PVD and PYM or GHG...still even where there is sleet taint, there is a lot of heavy snow in the CCB as the ML temps crash in the latter stages of the storm.

Let us hope the cold trend continues. I'll take being the battleground for that crash and cash. Thanks as always, Will.

Everyone in S CT and RI is changing to snow between 54h and 60h....there is still legit sleet taint at 54h...maybe just transitioning to all snow in SW CT...so have to keep in mind a lot of the qpf until 54h is a lot of sleet taint....esp along the S coast...a bit inland is a little iffier, coudl be more snow.

I'd still be weary of a tic or two NW, but I don't think it has room to come too far.

It can't come WAY NW at this point, but it could still def tick NW. That southern stream offset the northern stream some that run. It was pretty juiced up.

I can't believe it actually phased it!!!

Best run yet!!!

OMFGOMFGOMFG

Yeah this is some seriously exciting stuff... just when the 0Z American models were crapping out on us... "darkest before the dawn" type stuff. WOW !!!!

The threads for much of the northeast DC-Philly-NYC-CT-SNE are pretty lit right now! With this area and intensity, EURO showing MECS with shot at HECS.

We'll know soon enough just how juiced this thing is:

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1230 PM EST SUN 23 JANUARY 2011

SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)

VALID 24/1100Z TO 25/1100Z JANUARY 2011

WSPOD NUMBER.....10-054

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. FLIGHT ONE -- TEAL 70 --

A. A66/ 28.2N 91.5W (DROP 10)/ 25/1200Z

B. AFXXX 12WSA TRACK66

C. 25/0645Z

D. 10 DROPS AS SHOWN ON TRACK

E. AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE/ 25/1400Z

Archived