Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those totals seem generous coming from you considering eastward trend and possible dual system. I ride your forecasts b/c they tend to be right on for N. Franklin Co. so I'm happy with that range.

Thanks. Though this storm and the last one I sort of "wanted" too much. Objectivity becomes an issue.

I think you'll manage some good ratios in the beginning that will help you pile it on a little faster than everyone else for the first few hours. Then everything collapses east. The upper end of that range, 9-12", will be more towards W ORH Co, but you should be able to pull off 6+

barring major changes tomorrow :lightning:

Like the others in the boston area, I like where I sit, could trend in either direction and I still think we see at worst 6"+

Gotta mention though messanger - you've banged the drum hard that the NAM sniffs out trends but doesnt really lock in til around hr 42 before the event when more often than not there's been NW shifts - not to beat a dead horse but that's what I guess happens tomorrow in the 12z runs.

Regardless I'm stoked that we're not obsessing over sleet and ice lines and more worried about heavy heavy snow totals.

Ek, still like where you sit....

Just diving in now. Not sure if I'll be in attleboro or in maine for this next one, but I may have to place my bets on attlehole. Will be interesting to see what the ec does. It almost has to come south but we'll see.

amen to that in boston metro... though cost of not having ptype issues is putting to rest the 1-2 foot scenarios tossed around last night... still have 48 hours for this to present some new twists, which i suspect will be a shift back nw and a more consolidated slp

Like the others in the boston area, I like where I sit, could trend in either direction and I still think we see at worst 6"+

Gotta mention though messanger - you've banged the drum hard that the NAM sniffs out trends but doesnt really lock in til around hr 42 before the event when more often than not there's been NW shifts - not to beat a dead horse but that's what I guess happens tomorrow in the 12z runs.

Regardless I'm stoked that we're not obsessing over sleet and ice lines and more worried about heavy heavy snow totals.

amen to that in boston metro... though cost of not having ptype issues is putting to rest the 1-2 foot scenarios tossed around last night... still have 48 hours for this to present some new twists, which i suspect will be a shift back nw and a more consolidated slp

Right, which I would rather, but this is better than trends west from last night.

If this does end up nw it will be for entirely different reasons then every earlier system. I doubt it happens if the eastern extension is legit. Last time that happened all models busted too far west after Christmas.

If the eastern extension is bogus I'd think it would snap west.

If this does end up nw it will be for entirely different reasons then every earlier system. I doubt it happens if the eastern extension is legit. Last time that happened all models busted too far west after Christmas.

If the eastern extension is bogus I'd think it would snap west.

850's don't get past the mid cape on the SUNY MM5 thru HR 57. Looks nice and cold.

Just waking up to see the Euro...looks like a slight bumps SE from 12z on most guidance. I'll remind everyone that we still have at least 48h to go. Seems like I read so many absolutes still when we are not set in stone yet "congrats logan11" to "congrats Taunton"....

GFS ensemble mean is still pretty tucked. Still a long ways to go.

I think most here would agree... a tainted MECS (ala 1/12/11 or greater) is much more exciting than a clean 6-10 inches.

I still think EURO holds and NAM will eventually consolidate... 15 minutes...

Right, which I would rather, but this is better than trends west from last night.

Archived