Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

messenger, nothing against you personally, but for every inch more of snow NW, one is sacrificed southeast.

So I hope you sleet like there's no tomorrow.

HA! I'm thinking my chances are improving of receiving a snow bomb with each run. Now I just need it to stay that way.

ensembles nuke SErn areas

YEP.

Well I feel pretty good about my chances of nearing 60 for the season by the weekend....

No mix, lots of snow for you.

Couple of things to keep in mind.

1) We haven't seen the euro yet.

2) I think sne still looks good for some mid level fun imo. Where it sets up is yet to be determined, but I think many of us would get it on it at some point.

3) Not to beat a dead horse, but beware a nw tick in the last 24 hours. Now it might just mean a track to the BM, but just saying.

I'd like to see the euro depiction. The 00z GFS was pretty close to the 12z euro, only GFS was more progressive. My guess is the euro may go a pube se, but probably not much. Maybe mid levels are cooler.

Wow just went through the 0Z American runs... what a surprise.

My last post 10 hours ago: EURO, GFS, UK, GGEM all converging on a BM to just-inside-BM track vs. NAM with a sheared out 2-energy solution... when will NAM cave... 18Z? 0Z?

And yet the NAM holds.

I'm not worried by the GFS. Agree with posters above, NAM/GFS have been a roulette wheel every 6 hours.

I actually like the 0Z GGEM shift east, it was a western outlier and now is more in line with EURO.

EURO has been consistent BM +/- 40 miles for the past 2 days. But tonight's run is huge.

It's been said so many times before, and it's true yet again: this EURO run will be the most important run of our lives lol popcorn.gif

2) I think sne still looks good for some mid level fun imo. Where it sets up is yet to be determined, but I think many of us would get it on it at some point.

3) Not to beat a dead horse, but beware a nw tick in the last 24 hours. Now it might just mean a track to the BM, but just saying.

I'd like to see the euro depiction. The 00z GFS was pretty close to the 12z euro, only GFS was more progressive. My guess is the euro may go a pube se, but probably not much. Maybe mid levels are cooler.

I think we do pretty well.....not too many solutions don't give you and I a decent event.

Exactly my thougts.

Kudos to Messenger on these trends....I was asleep at the wheel, but this doesn't mean it won't tic a hair closer, yet.

Exactly my thougts.

Kudos to Messenger on these trends....I was asleep at the wheel, but this doesn't mean it won't tic a hair closer, yet.

Yeah if the euro goes a little se, then that nrn stream vortmax is likely responsible. These southern systems can do some strange things last minute to amplify the pattern, once they intensify down south, but he's had some good analysis so far.

Meanwhile...

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

959 PM EST MON JAN 24 2011

...LIGHT SNOW DEVELOPING OVERNIGHT WILL CREATE SLICK SPOTS FOR THE

TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON COMMUTE...

LIGHT SNOW FALLING ACROSS CENTRAL AND WESTERN NEW YORK LATE MONDAY

EVENING WILL EXPAND ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND AFTER 3

AM TUESDAY. SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING AND MAY FALL

AT A MODERATE INTENSITY FOR A TIME BETWEEN 6 AM AND 10 AM...BEFORE

TAPERING OFF DURING EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS

ARE GENERALLY EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 1 TO 3 INCHES ACROSS THE

AREA...WITH THE HIGHER TOTALS ACROSS THE INTERIOR.

PLAN TO USE SOME EXTRA TIME AND CAUTION IF TRAVELING TUESDAY MORNING

THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

It's looking a little better for you I think which is good. You and Phil have gotten the shaft.

I've done a lot better than Phil, he's gotten royally hosed a few times. Even in these new solutions he's on the wrong side of the fence for a few hours.

I like what I've seen tonight but it needs to stick with the next couple of runs before I'll get out the shovel.

Archived