• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

Agree, all are big hits with lots of moisture for SNE, how I get 12+ does not matter to me one iota. I had my mega storm, a nice storm with a ramp up to thumper would be awesome.look at the 7 h tracks, perfect.

This. I'm feeling good about moisture and tracks, only concern is mixing. It'll happen, but the question is for how long. If we don't see a NW bump in this like everything else I would be shocked (not that MBY really needs it). And that MBY part is the problem with the model analysis, some people cheering and some booing.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for the folks who just browse looking for updated concise discussion...reading through this thread the past few days has been entirely confusing, some people saying things look great, others saying things look like crap, it's so hard gauging a consensus from everyone...one of the most confusing times I've had on here :lol:

I dunno - sort of lets the casual browser know that nobody really knows WTF is coming. If I were in NW CT or GC I'd be pretty stoked. Looks like this may be one of those storms where folks SE of I84 get a mixed bag o' crap that gets worse the farther SE you are.

What's great for my by may not be so for yours....

To be fair the complexion, evolution, and timing of this event has been changing every six hours. Philadelphia's forecast for example has totally changed over the past couple days. And some of the instant model analysis has been uncharaceristically all over the map in this thread with this event.

You have one little spoke of higher QPF......even if that verified (likely won't)...like I said, there wouldn't be many spots over 1'.

Dude! It's the GFS, all these runs are telling me is that the Euro comes in colder. Even the Euro has QPF maxes over the gulf stream and why wouldn't it. Game on bro game on

GFS Snow numbers are no higher than 4 anywhere. 4 in the following places:

BDL/DXR/IJD/MMK/OXC in CT

SZF in RI

AQW/BAF/BED/BOS/BVY/CEF/FIT/LWM/MQE/ORH/ORE/OWD/PSF in MA.

AFN/ASH/CON/DAW/EEN/LCI/MHT/PSM in NH

AUG/BGR/BHB/IWI/IZG/NHZ/PWM/RKD/SFM/WVL in ME

No other places in the MOS grid in NE. 4 is the top and only at those stations listed.

I dunno - sort of lets the casual browser know that nobody really knows WTF is coming. If I were in NW CT or GC I'd be pretty stoked. Looks like this may be one of those storms where folks SE of I84 get a mixed bag o' crap that gets worse the farther SE you are.

If I was at your house I would be chuckin them everywhere.

GFS Snow numbers are no higher than 4 anywhere. 4 in the following places:

BDL/DXR/IJD/MMK/OXC in CT

SZF in RI

AQW/BAF/BED/BOS/BVY/CEF/FIT/LWM/MQE/ORH/ORE/OWD/PSF in MA.

AFN/ASH/CON/DAW/EEN/LCI/MHT/PSM in NH

AUG/BGR/BHB/IWI/IZG/NHZ/PWM/RKD/SFM/WVL in ME

No other places in the MOS grid in NE. 4 is the top and only at those stations listed.

Jan 12 th

GGEM is on board, shifted east considerably. I like what I'm seeing here, getting close to a Kevin lock job, now just waiting on the Euro.

It too is really limiting precip in the NW quadrant. Big trend tonight.

Yup, anyone living N of the Pike and W. of ORH I really wouldn't be expecting a major hit based on model trends.

I'm still happy if I pull 3-6" and would love to lock up at least that to freshen things up.

Yes. But a flag nonetheless. You can ignore the warning signs of a potential pedestrian event or weenie 18+ whatever floats your boat...

I have been saying for days 6-12. No reason to deviate over or under.

Yea, I could see this turning into a general 6-12 deal....remember that these east soloutions are also more progressive.

Well that about does it. 4-8" here.

4-8" southern CT. 6-12" western MA. Up to 8-14" southeast NH and northern CT. 12-18" eastern half of MA.

Those totals seem generous coming from you considering eastward trend and possible dual system. I ride your forecasts b/c they tend to be right on for N. Franklin Co. so I'm happy with that range.

Archived