Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking the NW trend to any scale is probably not happening.

GFS and UK are pretty darn similar from what I can see. Def suggestion of a couple of different precip maxes.

We are back in the game..although the 850/700 thickness may mean a prolonged period of sleet until the CCB hits us as the storm passes the benchmark.

I'm thinking the NW trend to any scale is probably not happening.

GFS and UK are pretty darn similar from what I can see. Def suggestion of a couple of different precip maxes.

Keep in mind we had a pretty clear consensus before past events only to see them tick back NW...

Snow doesn't start for another 48 hours...let's see the next couple cycles before throwing that out.

Bouchard is going with a wide spread 10 to 15 and areas will see up to 20.... Moved the 10 to 15 way down to the South Shore.....

None of the 3 W. Ma tv mets would even post an accumulation map and all mentioned "possibility for a moderate snow storm".

That tells me they are all concerned about modeled qpf and don't want to get people worked up over what may only be an advisory event in the I-91 corridor west.

Keep in mind we had a pretty clear consensus before past events only to see them tick back NW...

Snow doesn't start for another 48 hours...let's see the next couple cycles before throwing that out.

Yeah I know, but I don't see it this time to a degree that's going to bring it back to ACK. I may be wrong but I see concerns the other way now as we see intererence from the SE/E.

I wonder how much falls between 48 and 54? Those maps don't show it...

Probably the same as the GFS. The NAM/RGEM/GFS/UK are all slamming hits for most of us.

Yeah I know, but I don't see it this time to a degree that's going to bring it back to ACK. I may be wrong but I see concerns the other way now as we see intererence from the SE/E.

Probably the same as the GFS. The NAM/RGEM/GFS/UK are all slamming hits for most of us.

You forgot the Dr....he is too.

Agree, all are big hits with lots of moisture for SNE, how I get 12+ does not matter to me one iota. I had my mega storm, a nice storm with a ramp up to thumper would be awesome.look at the 7 h tracks, perfect.

Nope...and that's exactly what I wrote this morning...changes in the northern stream can negate the usual southern stream amplification trend. I still think there will be a slight northwest trend with this one...and I would still bet on a track just a hair inside the benchmark...but SE of ACK.

A nice high would probably help develop the CCB a little better, but I actually like the mid level look later Wednesday Night into Thursday morning. QPF fetishes may have to be put on the back burner for some.

Yea, it will throw more to the nw than modeled, but I don't see many spots coming in with over 1' if the GFS and UK are right....it's better for the se because it's more disjointed, but not for the rest of us.

I refer to it as Dr. Evil.

I think it folds some tonight, even if it doesn't it hasn't been infallable this year...i'd ride the consensus of the others.

There is no consensus...not a one of them has had the same solution 6 hours later. GFS/NAM are unstable as hell.

I feel sorry for the folks who just browse looking for updated concise discussion...reading through this thread the past few days has been entirely confusing, some people saying things look great, others saying things look like crap, it's so hard gauging a consensus from everyone...one of the most confusing times I've had on here :lol:

I feel sorry for the folks who just browse looking for updated concise discussion...reading through this thread the past few days has been entirely confusing, some people saying things look great, others saying things look like crap, it's so hard gauging a consensus from everyone...one of the most confusing times I've had on here :lol:

What's great for my by may not be so for yours....

Archived