• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

I'm still a little worried about a nw trend for the next two days. Give me this solution on Tuesday night.

Lol. Usually by now/am run we would have seen that nudge just west of the bm which becomes ack. I feel better with the nam not jamming left particularly if we see the west side gang go to consensus.

I think maybe we finally see a thru and thru bm track and not a housewives of jersey shore to bm track? Hatteras to bm would work for a lot of us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a little worried about a nw trend for the next two days. Give me this solution on Tuesday night.

Yeah...at least this sfc low track makes sense given what the GFS is doing aloft. I guess the key is now is where does the vm track...the EC is a bit NW of this GFS run in between ACK and the BM.

Ray if it comes more northwest we would still be good right? I think you mentioned we had 80 or so miles of nw swing...

Where are you....I would be fine with this going over ACK, but inside of there and it would get dicey.

I Said I had room for the EURO to trend like 80 mi to the EAST.....not west....God no.

I was struck by how quickly the 1020 isobar moves east between 66 and 78 - might that suggest that this is something more than the "usual trend W"?

Where are you....I would be fine with this going over ACK, but inside of there and it would get dicey.

I Said I had room for the EURO to trend like 80 mi to the EAST.....not west....God no.

Danvers so I base my expectations on what you say for the general area...

I was struck by how quickly the 1020 isobar moves east between 66 and 78 - might that suggest that this is something more than the "usual trend W"?

Most of us have felt that something inside the BM to ACK would be the outcome. The clown 18z runs were likely just that. My guess is a track maybe near and just se of ACK, for now. These srn systems will turn north on a dime if there is a weakness in the flow, such as less confluence. The baroclinic zone off of Hatteras is another reason too. Last year we had all these, only we had monster confluence to our northeast.

Most of us have felt that something inside the BM to ACK would be the outcome. The clown 18z runs were likely just that. My guess is a track maybe near and just se of ACK, for now. These srn systems will turn north on a dime if there is a weakness in the flow, such as less confluence. The baroclinic zone off of Hatteras is another reason too. Last year we had all these, only we had monster confluence to our northeast.

Or as we found out over and over last year inside of 72 hrs slip se with more confluence.

Not saying it's happening now just pointing it out.

Looks like at least one warm layer between 800-825mb.

I checked the TwisterData soundings for Middletown, and the column is microscopically above freezing at 72h, microscopically below freezing at 78h, and well below by 84h. Verbatim, think we'd start off as a bit of sleet but quickly change to snow. West Hartford would be incrementally colder, obviously.

Have a feeling that we'd be fine on this track, and even more than 50% snow (and all frozen) as long as the track is over ACK or further SE.

The big feature again is the fresh HP showing up to the NW feeding in fresher cold and thwarting the warm attack. That has been showing up for 2 days now and that is the difference in the solutions from 3 days ago where it was very warm and today where the warmth was thwarted somewhat.

Or as we found out over and over last year inside of 72 hrs slip se with more confluence.

Not saying it's happening now just pointing it out.

Won't happen....diff. year.

Anyone notice that what was once a high retreating off the coast is noW optimally placed; we are a walking deformation zone.

The big feature again is the fresh HP showing up to the NW feeding in fresher cold and thwarting the warm attack. That has been showing up for 2 days now and that is the difference in the solutions from 3 days ago where it was very warm and today where the warmth was thwarted somewhat.

Won't happen....diff. year.

Anyone notice that what was once a high retreating off the coast is no optimally placed; we are a walking deformation band.

HA

I guess my point is that the earlier model runs showing W tracks (even just coast huggers) also lacked HP to the N, with the H departing E. The track just SE of ACK would be bad for snow here as well if the setup did not also include the new HP moving into position in Western Quebec.......is this not so?

Archived