• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

Kevin made up the name...I'm not sure where he got it from lol. Its no secret, but a rule of thumb that if you get multiple nogaps runs relatively close to the coast inside of 84h, its usually a red flag for a further NW solution.

Thanks. I thought you or he had compiled a list of seven things to look for prior to a big event.

He's been too busy sculpting snowbanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't jump yet....euro euro euro

jma

nogaps a red flag

gfs and nam all over the place every 6 hours

cmc west

ukie good i think

Every storm since Christmas has been between the BM and the Cape. Hopefully the run keeps up for one more storm.

Looking at SREFs and frankly the other guidance that has trended.....this system is coming with a nice HP banana'd to our NW. A potentially cruddy solution is turning into a snowstorm. 12/03 esque (not literally Ray...)?

Jerry, my jackpot fetish has taken a hiatus....just wanna add on with a respectable amount, though spots 10 miles away beating me by 2' would be a bit much. lol

Not one of these systems since Christmas has gone anywhere near the benchmark, despite early modeling of each one of them. CC Canal to Nantucket has been the bullseye each time. Doubt things will be any different this time around either as persistence breeds persistence. Congrats CT, Western Mass. I'll just be praying that it stays sleet and doesn't change over to a driving rain.

This storm is being hyped to death. Holy ****. Its all over the place.

"Huge snowstorm Tuesday, no Wednesday, I thought it was thursday. I heard at least 20", no I heard 2 feet." People are blowing this thing up like crazy.

I was going to write on facebook about more snow days this week but don't want to hype it up anymore then it already has been.

:rolleyes:

Archived