clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It totally bombs out too. That would be a monster.

Are you worried that the 18z GFS ENS mean seems to be east of the Operational? Could the kicker mean that this storm doesn't amplify properly and slides harmlessly out to sea?

I was originally worried about rain down here, but now out-to-sea seems to be on the table. All the ensembles were much more bullish until this 18z run, although it does have an historical SE bias...

Are you worried that the 18z GFS ENS mean seems to be east of the Operational? Could the kicker mean that this storm doesn't amplify properly and slides harmlessly out to sea?

I was originally worried about rain down here, but now out-to-sea seems to be on the table. All the ensembles were much more bullish until this 18z run, although it does have an historical SE bias...

Well I would not rule anything out, but my guess is that the storm would come closer than that. I am surprised it shifted, but we still can see some big shifts within 84 hours. I've seen it before. Given the southern origin and the model consensus of something at least near the BM, I would think it could be a little too far east.

But, we'll see what 00z does. It would be silly to rule any track out.

If anything, I like to see that. It's bettern to have a jog east on a model run as we get closer, than a constant jog nw while we have 84 hours to go.

Just reading catching up and reading all the posts. Trend is definately east and with 18Z NAM and GFS east I am saying this is going to be a whiff. Yeah, I know the Euro blah, blah,blah but the northern energy just isn't going to phase with this southern stream system. I am up here in NH so maybe the Cape up to Boston will get snow but I am really not excited at this point. Would like to see the trends go the other way.

Next

Just reading catching up and reading all the posts. Trend is definately east and with 18Z NAM and GFS east I am saying this is going to be a whiff. Yeah, I know the Euro blah, blah,blah but the northern energy just isn't going to phase with this southern stream system. I am up here in NH so maybe the Cape up to Boston will get snow but I am really not excited at this point. Would like to see the trends go the other way.

Next

I'm certainly no expert, but in would no go against the trend right now. The overall winter thrend, that is... Not just what a couple of flawed models are showing. Just my IMO.

Roof is shoveled and ready for snow - thanks Bam - still too much ice in gutters though - Green Bay was awesome - now I root for the Steelers and just had a great Thanksgiving dinner - life is good.

Julie RI in the house, Bams here football!

Europeans and Canadians want to have us shoveling roofs, Americans say enjoy the sun and sledding.

I agree, I was shocked he put up a snowfall map. Maybe he dont care, hes the weekend met, Bouchard can come in and pick up the pieces.

Channel 7 always puts out their numbers before anyone else. They have been doing it all year. They are going to burn themselves one day.

If anything, I like to see that. It's bettern to have a jog east on a model run as we get closer, than a constant jog nw while we have 84 hours to go.

06z GEFS were kind of east too only to have 12z come back.

Seems like these off hour runs the last 2 days have been showing a lot of east solutions and the prime hour runs just come back.

Channel 7 met going for 10-15 for the majority of cent and eastern mass.

That to me is totally irresponsible. At this point all that should be said to the public is that there is a potential of a big snow event mid week if the storm stays close enough to the coast but there is conflicting model data and to keep an eye on future forecasts. This is what gives Mets a bad name.

Archived