clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like there is an awful lot of hype in the general public about this storm. Its way more than I heard before any of the previous storms this year and this one could be less impactful...pretty strange.

It could also be very big, but there is kind of a fine line we're walking.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm a Junior in High School looking to go into broadcast meteorology... and I was out at my school's hockey game last night and there must have been 6 or 7 of my friends that asked if we're getting "2 feet" of snow. One girl said she heard one station say this'll be "the biggest storm of the winter"

I think I've had a trace or better each day for the last week. 9* degrees and -sn here as well Mike, heavy dusting. We're sitting in a pretty good spot right now. Let's hope the EURO stays the course. 2 more cycles and I'll get stoked.

Yeah--too early to get excited yet. Thats's one of the things that made me scratch my head over the ALY exuberance at this stage.

Same on the daily trace.

9.9/3

The public hypes everything but yes this is deff. true about this storm. At track yesterday people were honestly expecting 20". They were like "oh yeah another 20" on tuesday I heard?" The only reason for this I can think of is whdh as well as the wbz blog have both mentioned that areas that stay all snow could get 1-2 feet and rival the biggest storm this year.

I hope the publics hype is warranted and we do get 20". :scooter::weight_lift:

Hey- good to know another high schooler knows the feeling! Snowman.gif

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm a Junior in High School looking to go into broadcast meteorology... and I was out at my school's hockey game last night and there must have been 6 or 7 of my friends that asked if we're getting "2 feet" of snow. One girl said she heard one station say this'll be "the biggest storm of the winter"

You see how some of the fringe weenies act on here....imagine an ever newer breed.....it's not suprising to see this when folks with such a limited knowledge base begin to take a vested interest; the caveat being that you can't impose a 5 post restriction in the real world....or ban folks. :lol:

Also 1-2 feet for the public= at least 2 feet rivalling the blizzard of '78

So that causes a problem.

Nah, it would have to take a 30-40" storm like '78 to be a '78 Blizzard, not two feet. Two feet would be large, but not quite the Blizzard of 1978.

You see how some of the fringe weenies act on here....imagine an ever newer breed.....it's not suprising to see this when folks with such a limited knowledge base begin to take a vested interest; the caveat being that you can't impose a 5 post restriction in the real world....or ban folks. :lol:

Hahah great point!

Nah, it would have to take a 30-40" storm like '78 to be a '78 Blizzard, not two feet. Two feet would be large, but not quite the Blizzard of 1978.

Yes, you are making my point. The public sees 1-2 feet and some of them think we are getting AT LEAST 2 feet. Then they say it will be "the worst blizzard since '78." Im not saying its true, just saying what some of the public thinks when they hear a forecast for a lot of snow.

Archived