g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably...I could see the sleet line kissing a KGAY-KORH line at the very peak, but fairly negligible in impact if it did. It would either be 90% snow or 100% snow for our areas. Its a great solution for the interior north fo the pike.

But even south of the pike, there's some decent snow right at the beginning and then the final CCB gets them too after getting pelted with sleet in between for 10 hours.

I could see this turning into a region-wide sleet bomb at the last moment...have to watch that, but I am PUMPED.

It's not as warm as 0z and is really close to a huge snow bomb for my backyard.

Sfc temps being so cold are kind of a red flag to me...in terms of I could see the mid-levels inching colder and colder as we get closer assuming the track doesn't deviate well west. It already came in just a pinch colder than 00z.

Sfc temps being so cold are kind of a red flag to me...in terms of I could see the mid-levels inching colder and colder as we get closer assuming the track doesn't deviate well west. It already came in just a pinch colder than 00z.

Agreed. That was the first thing I look for. With the cold surface temps, it's a good "foundation" to build on.

Agreed. That was the first thing I look for. With the cold surface temps, it's a good "foundation" to build on.

You can see how the mid-levels resist to warming a little more each run. It looked like for a second they would try to blow our doors off well into SNE but its like they hit a brick wall in CT/RI. 5h track argues for limited intrusion of warm air as well, it manages to stay S and E of us.

So as long as those features don't come well NW, I wouldn't be surprised to see it cool off a bit more.

Agree too. We've seen that all winter with these systems bombing out to our S at just the right time. A little isallobaric component and CAD and we mitigate the warmth below H85 during the bombing phase.

Archived