happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
January 26-27 Storm Threat - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only minor concern enters this with this GGEM run. This model as a westward bias most of the time - it is difficult per run to determine what factors allow it to really express that bias or not, but the 00z run and the 12z run are discontinuous enough that consider that, and the former point, one shouldn't really even give a nod to that type of penetration W until there is better support by runs that don't carry said bias.

I was up last night reading Scooters analysis of the Euro, by the way that Dr No stuff is so 10 , he pointed out reasons why this was a snow bomb not a sleet festival. Today we have Ray and KeV mentioning it in every post. I will stick with Scooters analysis, anyway we will see what the Euro brings but not expecting much change.

I was up last night reading Scooters analysis of the Euro, by the way that Dr No stuff is so 10 , he pointed out reasons why this was a snow bomb not a sleet festival. Today we have Ray and KeV mentioning it in every post. I will stick with Scooters analysis, anyway we will see what the Euro brings but not expecting much change.

Agree 100%. I was very confused this AM when I logged on and everyone was talking about a sleet fest. Let's see what the Dr. has to say in 30 minutes.

lol...well at face value it doesn't. that's all i'm laughing at. it certainly could end up big. but it's premature to get jacked about it.

i mean obviously it's open to interpretation etc. and we can say it would be this or it would be that, but the model (the 00z euro) *verbatim* is nowhere near a crushing for everyone. by h96, essentially the height of the storm...it is warm for a lot of folks. not necessarily YBY, but for a lot of people in the E half of MA, all of RI, parts of CT etc.

Way more complicated than that.

I have legit concerns about what happened at 06z and the 09z SREF. Something new was seen on those suites. Even on the amped up solutions that give a lot of precip, there is plenty of mid-level warmth to be concerned about. Euro gave you a ton of sleet.

this run of the euro looks like one of those rare storms...happens every once in a while...where someplace inland is predominantly sleet from almost start to finish. surface definitely stays cold over the interior but there's a lot of low and mid-level warming.

just one run so who knows but it's interesting.

i'm also curious about the magically disappearing vortmax the gfs is now showing.

Its a lot of snow N and W of 495 on the euro but there is def some sleet that gets in there...S of the pike near Kevin its a paint peeler for quite a bit of the storm.

I have very little confidence in ptype for this storm. I do think interior will be frozen, but whether that is more sleet/ZR or mostly snow....I have no idea. Closer to the coast its even more difficult.

depends on where you live. some of the region the euro was a snowbomb. i was just commenting that if you weighted this thread to the population, i don't think a lot of folks would jump for joy with what the euro was showing at face value.

it's just one run though. by no means am i saying this is not a good storm for a good chunk of the area.

i just think this go around we are threading a needle more so than the past few events and it is too early to "la-la-lock it"

Steve, take the weenie goggles off and stop being so biased.....it's ok to mention snow in "every other post", but the moment someone mentions a legitimate concern that you don't want to hear....they get called out.

Agree 100%. I was very confused this AM when I logged on and everyone was talking about a sleet fest. Let's see what the Dr. has to say in 30 minutes.

I'm not calling for a sleet fest....TBH I thought the EURO was a snow-bomb....I referred to it as "perfect", but when Phil and Will speak, I listen.

I'm not calling for a sleet fest....TBH I thought the EURO was a snow-bomb....I referred to it as "perfect", but when Phil and Will speak, I listen.

As do I..and trust me..living in the sleet capital of New Eng..when they speak I listen. I think there was drunk model interpretation last nite that may have tainted towards more snow than what it was actually showing

Archived