BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Here comes February 2011

BullCityWx

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like we are finally going to pay for all of our winter fun. Talk about a boring stretch of weather for the foreseeable future. It seems strange not rushing to the computer when I first get up to check the latest model runs and following them/this board all day. It really sucks and I'm almost feeling withdrawal symptoms not having anything to follow lol

What sucks too is we can't even get any good rain or storms out of this warm pattern. If we can't get snow/ice, I wish we could get some storms. I'm itching for some at this point.

I wouldn't think you would have a problem. I was down there just last weekend when it was still "cold" and it was in the upper 50's.

Upper 50's is cold... I'm looking for mid-70s and sunny.

(I'm probably the only one on the board that hates winter... give me spring storms and summer heat any day...)

Well it looks like we are finally going to pay for all of our winter fun. Talk about a boring stretch of weather for the foreseeable future. It seems strange not rushing to the computer when I first get up to check the latest model runs and following them/this board all day. It really sucks and I'm almost feeling withdrawal symptoms not having anything to follow lol

What sucks too is we can't even get any good rain or storms out of this warm pattern. If we can't get snow/ice, I wish we could get some storms. I'm itching for some at this point.

So it would seem. Like I've said to some people, this winter has been one of the best yet that I've seen in a long while. You folks in parts of GA have done exceptionally well this winter with snow totals and I'm impressed about that. I too have those feelings of withdrawal from model watching. Now I only open one tab instead of 3 or 4 set aside for model data haha. In all honesty though, I'm ready for warm weather to finally prevail. It has been too long since I've last gotten a decent bike ride in and now would be the perfect time to do so with our temperatures getting into the 60s (maybe low 70s for some tomorrow?).

I agree though that we could use some rain with the warm pattern. Some of us are still a bit behind and a good downpour ought to help out with that, as well as limit the fire danger that has been going on in some areas of the SE. If no snow or ice, bring on the rain and thunderstorms I say. I'd love to be able to hear and witness a passing thunderstorm again after all of our wintry shenanigans.

:( i was thinking that earlier this week - its sad i dont need to get up and check the board with my coffee. i miss that LOL

i am, and have been having, major withdrawal symptoms. sigh. all in all its really sort of hard to complain too much after the last two winters. i was just hoping it would have hung on a little longer til the end of feb. at least tomorrow is fri, and i must admit that low 70s on a friday should make for a nice afternoon :sun:

:( i was thinking that earlier this week - its sad i dont need to get up and check the board with my coffee. i miss that LOL

i am, and have been having, major withdrawal symptoms. sigh. all in all its really sort of hard to complain too much after the last two winters. i was just hoping it would have hung on a little longer til the end of feb. at least tomorrow is fri, and i must admit that low 70s on a friday should make for a nice afternoon :sun:

might have to make some visits to my customers on the golf course :thumbsup:

For those of you wanting winter weather eye candy, check out hours 264-300 of today's 18Z GFS. A NC/SC special 6+ inch early March snowstorm! Of course, it is still way out there in fantasy land, but at least it's something to talk about! Stay away dry heat. This board is dead, we need to bring it back to life...

Interesting to note: Has anyone noticed that during the past 2 winters, we seem to have something wintry around the March 1st to 2nd period being modeled in the long range? Makes one wonder if we'll pull it off again this go around. Hard to believe with our current warm pattern but certainly would fit the idea of getting one last hurrah out of winter during March before we close it off. We'll see. ;)

might have to make some visits to my customers on the golf course :thumbsup:

lol - definitely a leave work early kind of day :)

Interesting to note: Has anyone noticed that during the past 2 winters, we seem to have something wintry around the March 1st to 2nd period being modeled in the long range? Makes one wonder if we'll pull it off again this go around. Hard to believe with our current warm pattern but certainly would fit the idea of getting one last hurrah out of winter during March before we close it off. We'll see. ;)

true, and this year is similar (except for the warmth now) to last year. hopefully we will get one more cold shot - which we will i am sure. its just a matter of whether its early march when we can get snow or towards the middle or end when a cold rain would be more likely outside of higher elevations

Heading to Colorado for the weekend...funny thing is it will be in the mid 50s to near 60 out in Denver tomorrow and Saturday, so I won't be missing out on too much warmth (until I hit the ski slopes :snowman:). Hopefully we can cool back down to near seasonal averages at least for a while, a temporary warm up is nice but I'm not ready for spring quite yet.

Heading to Schofield Wisconsin for Ice Fishing next Thursday.The models keep changing but so far, on the long range, it looks like a decent snow will be setting up while I am on the Tundra. Have crossed the Artic circle 3 times, but never ice fished. So excited. I hope to come back and we are back in some cold here, before winter winds down...

Folks, Don't count out a March Wintery event.....

I, Myself living on the coast don't really declare Spring, until after the Alzesa Fest here in ILM... Seen way to Many starts of that Festival with Lows in the 30's!......

I've seen MANY a March/Late March snow strom here in ILM, than I care to remember.. :snowman:

Winter Ain't over yet.......

Enjoy the Warm week...:thumbsup:

12Z GFS looks like some possible severe weather for portions of the deep south into the southeast late next week. GFS brings 60 degree dewpoints northward ahead of a system expected to track towards the lakes next week. 60-80Kt jet at 500MB lifted indicies range from 0 to -2 across MS into AL northwestern GA then through eastern TN although cape values are low right now, but it's still out there in the long-range plenty of time to watch the models. At least it's something to track.:lightning:

SPC this morning:

MOISTURE IS FORECAST TO RETURN NWD BY THU/D7 AS AN ELONGATED UPPER

LEVEL JET STREAK AND HEIGHT FALLS OVERSPREAD THE REGION. ALTHOUGH

FURTHER OUT IN TIME...THIS SYSTEM APPEARS TO HAVE GREATER SEVERE

POTENTIAL ASSOCIATED WITH IT...DUE TO RICHER LOW LEVEL MOISTURE

RETURN WITH MID 60S DEWPOINTS. A SEVERE AREA COULD BE NEEDED FOR

PORTIONS OF THE LOWER MS VALLEY INTO ERN TX IN LATER OUTLOOKS AS

DETAILS BECOME CLEARER. AS FOR D8...THE GENERAL PATTERN IS FORECAST

TO REMAIN THE SAME...WITH GULF MOISTURE LURKING NOT TOO FAR AWAY AS

COLD FRONT INTRUSIONS REMAIN SHORT LIVED OVER THE WATER.

Archived