Harmonie
    Newest Member
    Harmonie
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a post from Don Sutherland about the GFS ensemble forecast...it was like a who's who of major tornado outbreak years on there...various dates from 1956, 1965, 1967, 1974 and some others.

Yeah, that's partly why I am jumping in on this one head first. A lot of signals pointing in the right direction here.

Hard to bet against donny baseball but it will take a lot to get storms up here I have a feeling. LAF south is a different beast.

Just have to see in another month or two where we sit.. No doubt we could see an active spring after a mostly dud of a winter so far in regards to the SE ridge flexing its muscles.

Hard to bet against donny baseball but it will take a lot to get storms up here I have a feeling. LAF south is a different beast.

Just have to see in another month or two where we sit.. No doubt we could see an active spring after a mostly dud of a winter so far in regards to the SE ridge flexing its muscles.

Look what happened when we got a tiny bit of a Southeast ridge just a week ago, we ended up with a huge storm.

Look what happened when we got a tiny bit of a Southeast ridge just a week ago, we ended up with a huge storm.

yeah every muscle I haven't used to shovel for 2 yrs knows. Thank gawd the SE ridge is next to dead and winter is on its last legs. I'm to old to go through anothe r blizz.. SNE can have them.. I'll work out better going in to next winter that's going to be HUGE.

Mini Ice Age and 20-30 yrs of late springs coming to the nearest weenie cart.

yeah every muscle I haven't used to shovel for 2 yrs knows. Thank gawd the SE ridge is next to dead and winter is on its last legs. I'm to old to go through anothe r blizz.. SNE can have them.. I'll work out better going in to next winter that's going to be HUGE.

Old? Psh

You make it sound like you are 55.

I hope things pick up around here soon. Looks like this little snow which yesterday appeared to graze us to the south, is now going to miss us to the north.:arrowhead:

I think CLE is only one of a handful of climate stations in the US that is reporting a snowfall deficit. Largest synoptic snowfall this season at CLE is 3.6 :axe:. This wouldn't be that bad of a winter, but when most everyone else in the US is having an amazing snowfall season, and a select few areas are screwed, it sucks.

I saw a post from Don Sutherland about the GFS ensemble forecast...it was like a who's who of major tornado outbreak years on there...various dates from 1956, 1965, 1967, 1974 and some others.

[/quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_Twin_Cities_tornado_outbreak

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mpx/?n=blacksunday

I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about this. Not a huge severe weather fan. I have chased, seen a couple tornadoes, but as a father with 4 kids and things probably getting a little hairy around here this spring... I guess one has to just not worry about it but be ready. Because you never know what can happen. One day at a time.

Archived