Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

Still cool, just slightly less :P

Yeah, definitely gives you an interesting perspective of what it'd be like to have a tornado bearing down on your residence.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but this is hands down the best footage of a powerful tornado heading right at the home of the person shooting the video. This video is shot from a homeowner who had their house completely demolished shortly after this video shuts off as they take shelter. Truly amazing. This was the 1991 Andover Kansas F5.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, definitely gives you an interesting perspective of what it'd be like to have a tornado bearing down on your residence.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but this is hands down the best footage of a powerful tornado heading right at the home of the person shooting the video. This video is shot from a homeowner who had their house completely demolished shortly after this video shuts off as they take shelter. Truly amazing. This was the 1991 Andover Kansas F5.

Yeah that is an excellant video.

Btw I noticed you also mentioned that 06 March outbreak, with that insane supercell, I remember watching from college that day as it tore a path across KS/MO/IL/IN, beyond amazing, if a chaser picked that storm to chase that day, they could have rode off into the sunset having to never need to chase again. That by far probably one of the highest yielding tornadic supercells ever.

lol the people at about 5:55 in are the best just casually walking down the street then they see it and sprint away.

Yeah that is an excellant video.

Btw I noticed you also mentioned that 06 March outbreak, with that insane supercell, I remember watching from college that day as it tore a path across KS/MO/IL/IN, beyond amazing, if a chaser picked that storm to chase that day, they could have rode off into the sunset having to never need to chase again. That by far probably one of the highest yielding tornadic supercells ever.

It actually made it into southeast MI though in a much weakened state.

lol we should all meet up in iowa for a week in may and do a week long chase, we'll have bowme tow a trailer full of beer to keep us going.

lmao foook yeah lets do it. I'll have moneyman taunting the tornado as it barrels toward him. I really am excited to hook up with CS to see my 1st ever nader.

stebo you ever look up the 1964 michigan tornado? Hit right where my rents live. pretty impressive and probably one of the strongest to hit the east side unless you count flint-beecher.

Are you talking about the one that hit from Mount Clemens to New Baltimore, that thing from what I hear from Family, was a beast. Lets put it this way, if that thing hit today in those areas with how the population has expanded out there, there would be catastrophic damage.

Are you talking about the one that hit from Mount Clemens to New Baltimore, that thing from what I hear from Family, was a beast. Lets put it this way, if that thing hit today in those areas with how the population has expanded out there, there would be catastrophic damage.

Ya an old timer at the golf course I worked at told me about. I guess it was epic looks like it was an f4.

lmao foook yeah lets do it. I'll have moneyman taunting the tornado as it barrels toward him. I really am excited to hook up with CS to see my 1st ever nader.

:thumbsup:

Bagged two last season(highest was EF-2). Should have been more, but I was forced to miss the 7/22 S. Wisconsin event. Work screwed me over with a few of the MN events.

I want to bag 10+ this season, hopefully at least one being an EF-3. We'll see how it goes.

Ya an old timer at the golf course I worked at told me about. I guess it was epic looks like it was an f4.

Yeah, the one that stands out for me was the f3 that went from Eastpointe to Harsens Island in 1983, as it hit a block from my Grandmother's cottage on the island. Of course this was a few years before I was born, but the pictures of the damage were really something to see.

:thumbsup:

Bagged two last season(highest was EF-2). Should have been more, but I was forced to miss 7/22 S. Wisconsin event. Work screwed me over with a few of the MN events.

I want to bag 10+ this season, hopefully at least one being an EF-3. We'll see how it goes.

Sounds like you're going full weenie out this yr.. Prospects looking good for me :thumbsup: Be nice if we could get a good S. WI. setup and a couple I could drive down your way to meet you.

My area just to the south has been pretty hot.. nothing big though but I'll be happy to see any funnel cloud even if it means you jamming out to Ke$ha.. Hopefully, Alek can come along and dj.

Archived