clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to -1F here... Liking that warm air. Need to wash the car asap.

I still have a pile of boxes from Christmas that need to be tossed ...been sitting in the garage. People buy my kids anymore toys and they are getting tossed in the garbage :) God i hate toys. You'll know what I mean when you wake up in the middle of the nite and walk down the hallway and step on some toy car and almost break your neck!

As of now, looks great for you and a glancing blow at best here. Of course much can change for the better or worse. Whats your snowdepth? And any idea how much water is in it?

First sub-zero morning officially of the winter, temp -1F at DTW and dropping, wind chills nearing -20F. Actually first subzero morning since Feb 2009. We tend to like to stay overcast on the coldest nights lol.

Settled to about 12" after peaking at 15". Have no idea what the water content is. Definitely not a glacier like some people have been describing theirs. Still fairly loose and powderly. Not water laden.

It's in the OK thread...but this is amazing.

Also, Fayeteville AR got down to -18 this morning...but they're already up to 22.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

755 AM CDT THU FEB 10 2011

..ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET AT BARTLESVILLE OKLAHOMA

..ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE SET FOR THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA

AN ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE OF 28 DEGREES BELOW ZERO WAS SET

AT BARTLESVILLE OKLAHOMA THIS MORNING AT 7:19 AM. THE PREVIOUS ALL

TIME RECORD LOW WAS 25 BELOW ZERO JANUARY 22ND 1930. THIS SMASHES

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR THIS DATE OF 13 BELOW ZERO SET IN 1929.

THIS ALSO SETS THE ALL TIME RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE FOR THE STATE OF

OKLAHOMA. THE PREVIOUS RECORD LOW WAS 27 DEGREES BELOW ZERO SET AT

VINITA, OK IN 1905 AND AT WATTS, OK IN 1930.

THIS INFORMATION IS PRELIMINARY AND WILL BE INVESTIGATED FURTHER.

Rockford, IL hit -20 this morning...kind of lost in the shuffle, as most of the Chicago-area "only" got down to -5 to -10.

This is actually the 2nd coldest temperature ever recorded in Rockford so late in the season...very impressive!

Record Low Temperature at Rockford This Morning

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

957 AM CST THU FEB 10 2011

A RECORD MINIMUM TEMPERATURE WAS SET FOR FEBRUARY 10 AT ROCKFORD

AIRPORT. THE TEMPERATURE FELL TO -20 DEGREES THIS MORNING. THE

LAST TIME ROCKFORD SAW A TEMPERATURE -20 OR BELOW WAS 1/16/2009.

THERE HAVE BEEN ONLY TWELVE PREVIOUS DAYS IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY

WHEN THE TEMPERATURE REACHED -20 OR BELOW.

1. -25.0 2/9/1933

2. -24.0 2/3/1996

3. -22.0 2/1/1985, 2/2/1976, 2/20/1929

6. -21.0 2/2/1996, 2/5/1979, 2/ 1/1918

9. -20.0 2/8/1985, 2/6/1982, 2/ 2/1959, 2/2/1951

Why you posted a 240hr map of the Euro.

You've been around here long enough to know model watching is pretty popular. I'd say the vast majority of the members here engage in it frequently. In fact, if you go back throughout this thread, and many others, you'll find lots of images/discussion about the models. And this is not limited to the short range. So you can see why I'm surprised at your quizzical reaction.

I have 12 right now. Not too bad out there.

Same here but without the breeze it is not too bad. Keep the lake clouds away and tonight should get below 0. NWS has lowered the low to -4 vs the 3+ they did have.

High today looks to be 16 after a low of 0. The low may get clipped before midnight though as the dp is dropping like a rock and is already down to -13 with clear skies.

You've been around here long enough to know model watching is pretty popular. I'd say the vast majority of the members here engage in it frequently. In fact, if you go back throughout this thread, and many others, you'll find lots of images/discussion about the models. And this is not limited to the short range. So you can see why I'm surprised at your quizzical reaction.

That system/front looks like a slow mover with several disturbances riding along it which screams ice to me. A number of the euro ensembles DO have it as well. Something to watch anyways.

Archived