Jump to content

Cold Miser

Members
  • Posts

    13,065
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cold Miser

  1. Does snowing again after a 15" storm (with below freezing days inbetween) really count as a "refresher" ?
  2. Awful. I was never a bump guy. I get the appeal, but man, I just think of the futre of people's knees.
  3. Was having this discussion the other day with a guy I work with. He is a very good skiier, loves ripping down the mountain fast, not a mogul guy, just quick on the diamonds. The whole thing turned into, "you could never keep up with me, blah, blah". He was talking to a group of us. I told him that I haven't skiid in like 15 years, but when I was going all the time, it was the long, access road type trails that I liked. Nothing more satisfying than taking your time, enjoying the ride down a long trail.
  4. Breaking out the entombed cars has been fun.
  5. '78 only gave me like a foot or so where I grew up, outside of Albany.
  6. I wonder how Broad Brook is doing. I think they literally opened their multimillion dollar barn style facility right at the beginning of Corona.
  7. I am picky about any hyped up "craft beer", but Vitamin Sea delivers EVERY time. No joke the best craft beer choices, at least for me. I have never had a bad one yet and have had so many different ones.
  8. Picked up .5" of frozen kitchen sink from that disaster. Existing pack was not completely obliterated...Now, a fat, frozen icy blanket.
  9. Nice. You worked hard for this, and deserve it. lol
  10. Such a sh.it turn of events in less than a week. Relentless rain, never ending pain, watching it all go down the drain. Surprisingly, still a good amount of the "pack" when I left this morning.
  11. Agree.. It's all meaningless without snow or the threat of snow. As much as it pains me the time to fire up the lawn thread is near. Almost time to pull out the bugle and play taps on this season.
  12. lol. Pack-eating fog, temps, and rain are awful, but there's nothing that can be done... ...unless we can get a hold of that TSCWCT (Top-Secret-Chinese-Weather-Changing-Technology) and push the cold temps and snow over the top of us for the duration of the season.
  13. What is "above normal readings"? Dews? Humidity? Temps? Precipitation? Sunlight? Dust Particles? Seems kind of vague, but a catch all to cover anything in the "above normal" category.
  14. lol. Oh. So, are the chewers different from the smokers and the tokers?
  15. lol. WTF is a chewer? Is that similar to a mouth breather?
  16. Maybe not too bad in our zone...Dead limbs come down, but with no leaves it shouldn't' be too bad.
  17. Full on melt mode, on the ground and here in the forum.
  18. Yeah...I definitely understand that with our group. But, I saw 3 different news stations with 3 different names throughout the region.
  19. That doesn't make sense. I don't think crews of guys who are co-workers, and not necessarily friends (friendly enough to take a trip together) would do this.
  20. lol. Steve and I in the top 5 of this list. I don't think we will ever see this happen again.
×
×
  • Create New...