Jump to content

weathafella

Members
  • Posts

    50,189
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by weathafella

  1. I’ve put my radar in full weenie mode. Planning for now to drive to Chicago leaving 12/23 arriving probably 12/24 unless we can wake up early enough on the 23rd which is doubtful. Leave Chicago the 29th to return home. Will hope for a Cleveland bomb while we’re there.
  2. Yes but the damage is done and we’re already in the goods into cne.
  3. Boxing Day is the first big euro loss in my memory. Gfs had the storm and euro never picked it up until very close in.
  4. I remember Friday night before 2016 with the NAM tugging north and I got pretty smashed. The next day a wind whipped 7 inches. We just missed a biggie but I thought it was fun nonetheless.
  5. We dropped our daughter at ohare the Sunday of thanksgiving weekend. Airport wasn’t too busy amd her plane to BTV was empty
  6. Which one. The old about to be retired about to trend strong at 18z or the new one now known as the para. At least Kevin can stop saying Fv3 at that point...
  7. I thought there was not much change and qpf and snow totals quite similar
  8. Yeah Thursday morning may well have people saying wait-isn’t this supposed to miss us south? I believe monads dwelling folks are in that category
  9. We were told that’s the low resolution map. Someone should post more ukmet details
  10. I don’t think it is given its progged mslp 24 hours later.
  11. Then again (and this time I’m serious), if it’s bombing in that location wheeeeee!
  12. My only issue with uncle is this: You’re my crazy drunk uncle and you give me 1003? I know you Brits tend to be understated but seriously?
  13. Also, GFS/GEFS are starting to correct back north. Expect 18z to be a lot bigger for SNE.
  14. No need to make changes. Pretty consistent signal for a crusher. GFS is on its own. Euro and cmc have been reasonably consistent. One important caveat-we’re still looking d4. So changes can happen closer in.
  15. Also, as you pointed out, GFS does well in a progressive pattern. However with a system that has blocking, you’d probably lean further away from it. But in the 0Z suite with the GFS being most suppressed one is reminded of countless storms over the years when the model shat in itself. By the way the GFS para which will be gfs soon is way way different at 0z. 12-18+ for SNE and cne.
×
×
  • Create New...