Jump to content

WEATHER53

Members
  • Posts

    8,624
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WEATHER53

  1. Shows me that 85 with a 90 heat index pales compared to 11-4 today at 98-102 with HI 110ish plus direct strong sun. Feels to me 25-30 degrees cooler now
  2. Thanks. So once every 2 years and I was thinking closer to 1 in every 3
  3. This is how it was on upper level of my split level with the short attic . Last fall I put 14” blown insulation in and new gables. Today I was able to maintain 75 upstairs with AC on for 20-25 minutes, off for 7/8 and back on 20-25. What were others settings and time frames today? Thanks
  4. Hi Don Hiw many times has DCA hit 102 or higher 1976-2026? im gonna guess 16 revised up from my earlier 14
  5. Hey Don S How many times since 1976 has DCA hit 102 or higher. im gonna guess 14
  6. I tried to water the plants but at 10 minutes got dizzy and had to stop and run cold water over my head
  7. A general rule of thumb in heat situations like this is add 10F to the 10am temp at DCA for its high and it’s at 92 at 10am
  8. This was either overzealous inexperience or pattern recognition denial OR, the models Now are lousy in summer with precipitation movements and location like they are in winter . i could have issued a damp street warning and been far more accurate
  9. And I don’t think I could have predicted this any better
  10. It is training nearly stationary north of the beltway but is light to spotty moderate
  11. Forecasters need to catch on that rain events are not being realized. It’s called pattern recognition. Friday afternoon was forecasted as a 90% Rainer into and thru Saturday and so far barely more than Zero
  12. The big red blob gave me 0.35”
  13. Will any of the rain make it to DC and if so when? Thanks
  14. My highest temp of year at 97 with heat index of 105
  15. Hey ole buddy buddy this is great news and way to go big time in the weather world!!!
  16. Air mass change though this time so I think they hold up impressively
  17. What the heck was that about with the jet buzzing Kemp Mill? Had to be from Andrews
  18. 0.7” total in 50 minutes
  19. Deluge 0.5” in 12 minutes
×
×
  • Create New...