-
Posts
5,603 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by mahantango#1
-
-
1.47 so far, rain seemed to slow down now.
-
19 minutes ago, Voyager said:
I was just checking your station, and I saw that. You got more than twice what I got so far. I'm only at .38" as I type this. Not sure if it's because you got under some heavier rain, it started earlier, or perhaps both.
I'm pretty sure That I started earlier than you. I was surprised when I got up at 6am that .50 had already fallen.
-
.83 rain so far today.
-
I just seen the NWS upped the rain totals 1.25 to 2.50 tomorrow.
-
1
-
-
30 minutes ago, Voyager said:
41 here for the low. It uncanny how many times you are two degrees colder than I am. More times actually than I've posted.
That what happens when I live on the north side of the mountain in a valley beside the creek.
-
13 minutes ago, pawatch said:
37 degrees this morning.
39 was the low here.
-
1
-
-
-
.DISCUSSION...
-- Changed Discussion --KEY MESSAGE 1: Periods of rain and breezy conditions from Isaias arrive tonight and continue through Sunday Fair weather will be in play today with dry conditions and increasing mid and high level clouds.Rain associated with Isaias is projected to reach the Laurel Highlands before midnight tonight and gradually expand throughout central PA into Sunday morning. Periods of rain continue Sunday afternoon into Sunday night before tapering off by early Monday. Total rainfall amounts are still forecasted between 0.75 and 1.50 inches over a 24-36hr duration with a low risk of potential flooding impacts. As post-tropical/TD Isaias tracks from the TN Valley into WV, gusty winds will overspread the Laurel Highlands with maximum wind gusts of 35-45 mph west of the tallest ridges. Elsewhere, gusts of 20 to 30 mph will be possible. Winds will increase this evening, reaching gusts of up to 45 mph, before tapering off after 2 pm Sunday. A Wind Advisory has been issued for Cambria and Somerset counties.
-
-
11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:
Low of 45. Heading up to Happy Valley this afternoon!
You better be prepared to suit up tomorrow night!
-
1
-
-
-
-
37 this morning, didn't think it would get that cold overnight.
-
1
-
-
-
-
2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:
Their expected rainfall for PA has been reduced on each of the last 4 cycles they've put out. Discouraging. Yesterday morning, the entire southern half of PA was in the 1.5"+ area. (purple shading)
Even 27 is calling for less than .50
-
-
I don't want to go into too much right now because I am looking at the tropical cyclone and Gathering other seasonal data/ trends but once we get past December the idea of a mild and wet winter from JAN 7- MARCH 20 across the eastern US is looking less and less likely.
-
Reply
-
Edited
Some of you may recall all last autumn the winter 2025-26 forecast from Climate Prediction Center as well as the the general consensus forecast for a mild winter. WxRisk was the only one (that I know) who argued that the winter would be close to normal overall and at times severe.Sometimes consensus is correct. Being contradictory for its own sake is stupid. Cynicism is not the same thing as skepticism.. But I am beginning to see some Clues…-
1
-
-
-
35 this morning, Didn't see any frost.
-
1
-
-
37 for the low here. Didn't see any frost.
-
Unfortunately it's that time of the year.
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service State College PA 1233 AM EDT Mon Oct 5 2026 PAZ004-012-017>019-024-033-037-041-042-045-052000- /O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0010.261006T0500Z-261006T1300Z/ Warren-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Cambria-Somerset-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton- Including the cities of Somerset, Trout Run, Laporte, Warren, DuBois, Renovo, Mansfield, Lock Haven, Johnstown, Wellsboro, Clearfield, State College, and Philipsburg 1233 AM EDT Mon Oct 5 2026 ...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM EDT TUESDAY... * WHAT...Temperatures as low as 35 degrees will result in frost formation. * WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania. * WHEN...From 1 AM to 9 AM EDT Tuesday. * IMPACTS...Frost could harm or kill sensitive outdoor vegetation. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Those with agricultural interests should protect sensitive vegetation. Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation. The latest forecast information can be found on the NWS State College Facebook page and Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or on the web at weather.gov/ctp.
-
1
-
-
Check out the record high for today.
-
Old Weather Saying: “A warm October, a cold February.”
For generations, folks have looked to October’s weather for hints about the winter ahead. Does a mild, beautiful October really mean February will come roaring in with bitter cold?
Time will tell—but that’s part of the fun of old weather lore.

Central PA Autumn 2026
in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Posted
If this was winter, and temperatures were cold enough for snow. I would be snowed in