Jump to content

Hitman

Members
  • Posts

    2,993
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hitman

  1. Just back from Lincoln peak. Trails really weren’t bad. Some soft snow along with some not so forgiving but overall ok. Crowds were manageable.
  2. 23f and flurries. Looks like we picked up another inch over night.
  3. Nice rebound today here. 2” and counting. Wintry look restored.
  4. Took a a ride this morning to moss glen falls in Granville.
  5. Ha, twc should have a top ten grinch storm program.
  6. I’ve been to Kilington and both Lincoln peak and mt Ellen at sugarbush. Crowds not an issue. They had employees going around reminding people to pull the masks up.
  7. I think you were there. The cliffs are skiers left of that chute. Its just that the pines are so thick you can ski right past without seeing them. and that chute is nasty.
  8. I hate Hammerhead. there's just something funky such that the bumps never seem to line up right.
  9. I love black diamond. Also, the woods between Tumbler and lower FIS are fun.
  10. I'd just add that Exterminator woods holds snow really well and there are some cliffs off the long trail to the north of there that are great but you need to know where you're going because the pines in there are really thick.
  11. I should know better than to get my hopes up but I've been quarantining and figured the weather gods would toss me a bone for the effort.
  12. I don’t know that to be the case. Im sure some will flout the rules as with anything else but I’m planning on following the quarantine guidelines as is my family coming from nys. I’ll stay in vt for weeks or months at a time.
  13. For the record, at the moment, the virus is much more prevalent in NM (62.4/100k) than VT (13.6/100k).
  14. I get that and while I agree on an individual level, not sure I agree at the societal level. Its becoming pretty clear, that where there is a collective relaxation of adherence to precautionary measures, viral transmission explodes. We saw that here In the NY metro in the insular ultra orthodox communities over the jewish holidays. I have family and friends in those communities and anyone paying attention knew it was going to happen when they gathered in large numbers in mid september. Now NYC schools have been able to operate because viral transmission levels are relatively low with an overall test positivity rate a little over 1%. But in those communities where they threw caution to the wind, the positivity rate jumped to 15-25% and the schools had to be shut down. If we want to get back to pre pandemic levels of economic activity, viral transmission must be kept under control. To keep the virus under control, collectively we have to adhere to certain minimum precautions. I don't have any problem with any one individual choosing to be more or less cautious, but we can't collectively abandon the weapons we have in this fight.
  15. I work at an office in nyc and we have similar protocols. We can argue whether these rules are necessary or too stringent, but it appears that vt has been successful in keeping the virus under control. I think ny state has done well too since the initial wave in the spring. The recent uptick in communities that abandoned precautions like mask wearing and social distancing, I believe, is further evidence that these rules matter. my daughter is a student at a college which has been highly successful in controlling the virus despite in person classes and dormitory living. The school does surveillance testing. Every student faculty member and employee is tested twice a week. They’re doing some 6k tests everyday and the positivity rate is .01%. I think the testing, or more particularly, the knowledge that they will be tested every 3 days, has imbued the students with a healthy respect for the mandated precautions. They aren’t engaging in risky behavior because they know 2 days later they’re going to get tested. And if they fail the test, it’s a 2 week quarantine at best, and if they broke the rules, the possibility of getting kicked out of school and losing their tuition.
  16. I don't think there are going to be a lot of day trippers regardless of the quarantine situation. First of all, day passes will be limited and require advance purchase. That eliminates a big segment of the day tripper population. I doubt there will be any bus trips at all. Can't imagine any school or organization dealing with a ski trip when they have their hands full otherwise. and groups looking to party more than ski won't be booking trips if the lodges/bars are closed. Maybe i'm wrong (caveat-I thought this thing would be under control by now), but I think its going to be passholders skiing for the most part.
  17. Hitman

    HIT

  18. From the album: HIT

×
×
  • Create New...