-
Posts
34,570 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by Birds~69
-
-
14 minutes ago, Duca892 said:
Thread is dead lmfao
I think most of us are sick of speculating. Almost time to real time watch radar and observations from surrounding areas near and afar. Overall, let's go!
15F/DP -2
-
2
-
1
-
-
-
14F/DP -2/High clouds
Coldest I've seen before a storm in a while...
-
//chatter// At the library, schools already off on Monday. //chatter//
Kids running around like they found Dads white powder...
-
2
-
-
9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:
I think I’m so traumatized from a decade of crap winters that anything non-liquid falling from the sky feels like a win.
I'm
as well and agree. I'm just glad this thing isn't turning to plain rain w/temps bolting to the 50s. If not snow, I'm in small camp and would rather have major ice storm than sleet. We haven't had one in a while but if sleet is all we have on the table, I'll take it. And w/the expected temps this week it will be a brick out there for a while...
12F/DP -2
-
5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:
It’s all about perspective, right? It’s a letdown because we were looking at the potential of a foot or more of snow earlier in the week.
But what if we were looking at a rainstorm earlier in the week and it evolved into this? We’d be doing cartwheels.
That’s why an old-timer met likes to say, “enjoy the weather, it’s the only weather you got.”

None of this will make a young buck of a weenie feel better...
-
1
-
1
-
-
9 minutes ago, Heisy said:
How much sleet did we get in the 2007 storm. This has to be up there in one of the most we’ve gotten in a while right?
.I'd say 3-4". I was driving through Oaks/Collegeville on Rt 422. It was a weird driving experience. Steering the car just felt funny and strange...
11F/DP -5
-
26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
6z euro caved with mixing up to i80.
Thinking 4-8" here is a good bet topped with sleet.
I'd be surprised if we received anything <6"...
Cold/crisp out there 6F
-
-
14 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:
My dewpoint just went negative (-1) so this PV means business. Temp is down to 21. If that kind of dry air hangs around for long enough, I can imagine a period of virga.
0z 3k NAM is running.
DP -8 here via WU
-
48 minutes ago, RedSky said:
I don't understand that the NAM pounds them with sleet too
It made zero sense but I just let it go...
-
12 minutes ago, RedSky said:
They agree with the warm punch
You really know how to silence a bunch of weenies..
-
1
-
-
23F but the wind is starting to crank...
-
4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:
Philly heat island full effect
All the way out to reading?
-
1
-
1
-
-
17 minutes ago, MacChump said:
effed up my ability to sled down the big hill in my neighborhood, that's what
I'll give you that one.
Kids worst nightmare, anything which prevented the largest hill in the neighborhood from being slick as hell. To make matters worse they'd do a double-drive-by/extra sand/salt to make sure they killed my dreams...
-
1
-
-
3 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:
I miss that place, Philadelphia and NYC were combined and there were great posters there too
Actually I think every subforum was combined...or just about.
-
1
-
1
-
-
4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:
AmWx WAS EasternWx until 2010 when they re-did the site.

Did Marcus ever find Bigfoot?
-
2
-
-
6abc/accu weather not too long ago.
I'll sign and let's get this show on the road...

-
1
-
-
1 minute ago, zenmsav6810 said:
5. 1994 (I was yet born but my Mom was expecting me) 4. Snowpocalpse-Snowmageddon 3. January 2016 2. PDII 1. Jan 1996 is the alltimer list in my lifetime. My HECS of all time is March 1957.
You witnessed? Or read about?
-
2 minutes ago, RedSky said:
1st gut call in my area 10-11" snow and 1" sleet/graupel
High end SECS possibly hit the MECS mark
I just want 12.1" to say I received over a foot. I'm a simple guy...
-
3
-
-
8 minutes ago, MGorse said:
It is sustained or frequent gusts to 35 mph or greater.
Define frequent? Seems vague...
*I understand you did not make the definition of a blizzard
-
7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:
I think the blizzard criteria is for sustained 35 mph or greater.
Traction! It was also the days of chains and spiked tires.
Chains actually work pretty well. Never went through the hassle of studded/spiked tires...not sure if they are still legal in certain states? Probably mess up the road.
-
Just now, zenmsav6810 said:
Im not sure if its all timer but its probably the best widespread MECS we've had in the last decade and a half. Notable with the potential follow-up threats
Exactly my point. It's a very solid storm on the weekend w/the NFC/AFC championship games being played. I couldn't have a more lazy day planned...
-
4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:
I think they use the brine so that the frozen stuff won't stick to the road as much and it makes it easier to plow it away down to the asphalt. The salt usually comes after the stuff is plowed. I know they have some newer mixes of salt that can go lower but with the kind of cold they are talking about, back in the day you probably remember when they went on and put sand out.

Remember this...literally, what the hell did that achieve?


January 25-26 Winter Storm Potential
in Philadelphia Region
Posted
Seems logical. Start and end times?
*Going w/11"-13" for my area. The thump better THUMP though...