Jump to content

WxUSAF

Moderator Meteorologist
  • Posts

    29,050
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WxUSAF

  1. Damn going to be a pretty awful bust for MBY. Euro was steady with 1.5”+ today for many runs.
  2. Got the Stephen’s city treatment so far today. Not even 0.1”, way less than most mesonet stations in central MD
  3. One is atmospheric angular momentum and someone posted that recently in the ENSO thread I think. It was very high for this time of year, which suggest the Nino is already well coupled.
  4. I seem to recall 15-16 was Albany’s least snowy year on record? Not an exact comp obviously, but shows that the synoptic snows at least can struggle up there in strong Ninos.
  5. I saw a ton of nymphs last month but far fewer adult flies. Obvious assumption is that something figured out they were good eating
  6. More recent guidance leaning toward morning rain, perhaps a brief break early afternoon, and then more storms later in the afternoon and evening. Juicy precip totals.
  7. Guidance is pretty juicy for Sunday.
  8. Sorry to hear that. I have a colleague whose son just graduated with an engineering degree from a good school and can’t even get an interview.
  9. My daughter moves into college in about 2 weeks. Will be very weird not having her home.
  10. Afraid to jinx this, but in addition to fewer cicadas this year, I feel I can confidently say fewer laternflies as well. Especially at work in Greenbelt. Last year they just covered the front of the building on warm days. Only even seen a couple this year there.
  11. I think it’s unlikely we’ll have that long of a period with below normal temps that allowed us to have that incredible run. I think a 2015-16 scenario would be on the table, but also 97-98. Very boom or bust winter seems likely.
  12. Well that does seem like the 2 options. Probably no middle ground, so weird that he sorta averaged them together lol
  13. Yup. This is a Nino. No beach blizzards allowed.
  14. NWS confirmed tornado Monday afternoon near Dundalk. EF0. All those poor armchair Mets from Twitter saying the TOR warning was wrong
  15. Seems a majority of guidance wants to bring some decaying showers/storms through the metro area after sunset towards midnight.
  16. https://twitter.com/paulroundy1/status/2087329199317012723?s=46&t=JYOHM881b6groqc0-RqtxA
  17. The heaviest reflectivities are making a hard south turn to my eye
  18. Just message him directly @zwyts or better yet text him. I’d rather you all sort this out elsewhere
  19. October and November in super Ninos usually are below normal temps and above normal precip for us?
  20. About 0.7” at home with the MCS. 2.5-2.6” for August so far
  21. Thunder but we’ve dodged the rain…fingers crossed
  22. We’re about to get on them!
  23. Thanks. We’re in the cupfusion line now. Debating just getting back in line when we’re done lol Strong choice
  24. @mappywhat do we do at Hershey park during severe storms? Lol
×
×
  • Create New...