Wednesday night looking interesting with the frontal passage. NAM has an almost convective look to it. I hope so, I'm off Thursday so I can actually enjoy it lol. Haven't had a snowy day off yet.
Not sure what MRX is doing but they have us at a 20% chance of snow overnight. They completely missed last night and this morning, though. Moisture plume looks decent out around Bowling Green.
So for some reason they've decided this isn't the case for the time being. Park Service announced the other day that it is closed to all recreation when the gates are shut due to potential for downed trees and unstable ground. I think its a bit of an overreaction but that's what they've decided to do for now. Honestly a little tired of how easily public lands are getting closed since the pandemic.
But yeah, most businesses saw at least a 70-80% drop in sales in October. We would love the tourism.
Long range still looking good. 12z GFS/Euro both very cold in the extended. Lots of small NW flow events sprinkled in. Fingers crossed for a big dog around the 5-12th.
Really liking the look of the models heading towards next weekend. GFS has been consistent with a big trough dipping down behind whatever happens with that tropical system.
Final 4 day tally of 28.68" of rain right here on the upper Watauga headwaters. 3 day of 27.08". The gauge on the Watauga failed after the river reached 1940 levels. 39,000cfs. Every major highway has a washout or landslide. I'm stuck here in Foscoe til they fix some roads.
Just lost power. Getting scraped by this eyewall. Cell service is spotty. Over two feet of rain with 7 more inches since midnight. Easily the scariest weather I've ever been in.
Really really picking up here now. Somehow still have power even though it sounds like a war zone with transformers blowing. I live in a hole so most of the wind is going over my head but sounds like a jet most of the time.