Jump to content

moneypitmike

Members
  • Posts

    31,806
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by moneypitmike

  1. I believe that was forecast--and then to crash back south. No surprise there.
  2. Came down at 4:30 to pretty heavy rates with less than an inch down. Hopefully we can crank from here for a few hours before the sleet.
  3. I will also say that this is the most dead night of commentary 5 hours before the flakes fly I've ever seen.
  4. Agreed. I'd peg 10-15 miles on either side of a line from Hippy to Ray as the most likely candidates . Grade it down to 6-8 here at the Pike. Grade down further as you head SOP and into CT
  5. GYX I'm better-located than you, but I'm prepared for early pinging.
  6. Congrats--it's been a tough one. You've been locked on this one for days though. I'm smack on the direct line from ORH to BOS. As Will said, a slightly slower advance of sleet could get me into double digits, a faster one might limit me to 5-7. The other day I told my wife 5-8, haven't wavered from that.
  7. OT--I can't believe how bright it is now at 5:00p.m. Let's talk sun angle.
  8. GFS QPF and "snow". Not sure how much of those amounts are inflated by sleet. I think I'm good for 6-7 here though.
  9. Hopefully--the longer you snow, the more I get. HRRR has the sleet hitting you between 8-9.
  10. Here's the end of the 20z HRRR (9:00a.m.). Sleet line is exactly at the CT/MA border by this point. so everything north of that is all snow.
  11. Agree on the need for that---not sure if we can rely on it though. I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if I were even 10-20 miles further north. I do think we're good for warning snows but I'm not convinced we'll be getting north of eight. Apparently I get to keep my left nut.
  12. For a minute I thought those were ultrasounds of a baby. lol
  13. Interesting that BOX left CT as a watch while they bumped everyone north to a warning. I guess 12z will be do or die for many.
  14. My brush with meteorological fame was running into Brian Lappis at Big Y. He wouldn't give me a straight answer as to how much snow we were going in the storm coming that night.
×
×
  • Create New...