Jump to content

nj2va

Members
  • Posts

    15,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nj2va

  1. I bought skis two winters ago and we have Wisp season passes. I’ve gotten a bit better but I still suck at skiing. I also don’t enjoy it all that much..it’s just that I feel like I should like it.
  2. Funny you say that. My partner is from the Manchester area originally so we go up to NH about once a year for various things. He was just talking about wanting to eventually move/settle in the lakes region. It’d be a long ways off since our jobs are here but I’ve grown to love NH (even outside the better snow climo).
  3. Omg, that’s terrible. I’m sorry for you and your family. I know what its like to lose a pet suddenly and its not easy. While the saying is cliche, time heals but it won’t be easy...I hope your son is okay...I’m sure that wasn’t easy for him to see. You’re in my prayers.
  4. Snowshoe definitely has better skiing (and gets more snow) but Wisp is more of a 4 season area given Deep Creek Lake. Wisp is also easier to get to which is why we decided on McHenry instead of Snowshoe. But Snowshoe definitely has more of a “snow village” feeling which I liked when we went there for my 30th a few years ago...Wisp seriously lacks that but does have stuff in the area in McHenry, Swanton, and Oakland. You really can’t go wrong with either if/when you make the jump.
  5. That sounds like a lot of people here.
  6. For goodness sakes...are we all adults or 8 year olds? Whatever happened to showing respect...
  7. You got the right idea! Glad you’re heading out....cheers to a good storm there.
  8. Great picture @Potvinsux — looks like the North Pole.
  9. How do you think his Facebook cult will respond to a new forecast of a flood watch for Leesburg?
  10. I remember the hand me down snow pants from my older brother that I’d use in those setups. They would weigh 75 pounds by the time I got inside from all the water it absorbed.
  11. Phin will soon be showing a live feed of his place in Randolph getting 18” of snow while its raining across this area.
  12. Speaking of crazy uncle Larry....
  13. Thanks. Whoever that Ravens player who keeps dropping passes should be canned.
  14. I have the game on in the background but missed what happened to Jackson...injured?
  15. They are so dumb. And then battling over the positive snow depth map vs the 10:1 vs the Kuchera blah blah blah
  16. New M1 MacBook Airs are sick....the apple-designed chips have made them super fast. I'm about to purchase one after doing some research.
  17. That sounds awesome. I feel like I remember in years a past, you make homemade biscotti too around Christmas?
  18. Getting to the point where the OPs should be given more weight.
  19. I hope you are able to find some peace right now during this tremendous loss. I can’t imagine the pain and loss but I will keep your family in my prayers, especially this holiday season.
  20. Windows open...beautiful spring day!
  21. Ji won’t be happy with Ellinwood’s map. “Leesburg is basically the new 95”
  22. Sounds about right for the mid Atlantic wheel of emotions...worries bubbling up about a SE trend hours after the worry was a north trend that turned everyone mixing.
  23. I won’t get into the intense banding that the 81 corridor/ish crowd will get but can make up for some of that with better ratios. Phin also pointed out the orographic enhancement that the globals won’t pick up on yet - and the upslope snow showers that will continue after the coastal moves away. But i think the bullseye will be somewhere in the 81 corridor-ish. This will be my first coastal since buying the place in late 2016 so will be interesting to learn climo out there for these events. Lucky for you, there will be more snow in Oakland this winter
  24. I’ll need to stop by there sometime and say hi — there are fantastic lake, Wisp, and 4th of July firework views from there.
×
×
  • Create New...