Jump to content

nj2va

Members
  • Posts

    15,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nj2va

  1. That looks heavier than it was during last Wednesday’s event honestly. From a clipper no less!
  2. Unreal! Looks like something out of a postcard. Snow also looks fluffy AF. Hope you’re doing well and enjoyed the trip.
  3. I figured LWX would upgrade the WWA for Wisp to a WSW...these clippers generally overperform in the mountains with the upslope enhancement and this vort is pretty vigorous. Upslope will be cranking like you pointed out later this week. Great timing for the ski resorts.
  4. 32 in McHenry and snow is coming down good on the Ring Cameras. Fresh coating on the driveway. unfortunately I’m back in Arlington.
  5. Happy first day of winter! Days start to get longer (sun angle!!!!)
  6. We need a top 10 posts of the year thread this time of year like the good ol’ letterman countdowns... that post would be up there
  7. This Seahawks/WFT game is a snooze
  8. For those wondering the differences between a west or east based block, the link below is a great read: https://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/patterns/nao
  9. Digging out cars on the street or a townhome parking lot really sucks. Although the only “fun” part is when everyone is doing it together and it turns into a bit of a neighborhood block party. I remember in the Jan 2016 blizzard one of our neighbors took his grill out front and grilled burgers and hot dogs, and others brought out beer/drinks...it was fun. That said, a garage still beats that. We’re probably going to move in the spring/summer timeframe from our townhouse and up there on the list is a garage. You did the smart thing!
  10. 30 with snow. 0.5” new snow so far.
  11. yup, I remember that. That was the first year I got into tracking. It was so easy! And I remember people even posted the SREFs back then. Oh how times have changed lol garrett county got over 100” of snow just in February 2010. I wish we had our house here back then...I can’t even imagine that much
  12. 12/19/09 definitely a top storm for me. Cold powder for 95 is hard to get, especially in December.
  13. Wow CAPE throwing out 09-10 references like it’s candy. I’m in
  14. Low of 19 and picked up another 0.2” overnight.
  15. I’ve hovered between 23-24 since midnight. Picked up another fresh coating since morning from very light snow...upslope machine just doesn’t want to end. It’s also foggy AF.
  16. Seems like you need to trim your eyebrow and nose hairs....
  17. 22 with flurries. Picked up another 1.6” overnight.
  18. Welcome! Congrats on the birth of your son
  19. It’s been very fine light snow since late morning but getting bigger flakes since the sunset. LWX calling for 1-2” tonight here.
×
×
  • Create New...