Jump to content

nj2va

Members
  • Posts

    15,372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nj2va

  1. They should cancel the WWA here and post a Dense Fog Advisory. I can hardly see the end of the driveway.
  2. Folks btch there’s no digital snow. They finally get it but still not happy.
  3. Hovered around 32 all evening/night last night and shot up to 46 around 3a which thankfully has melted all the ice from the trees. Currently 38. Ended up with about 0.3” of ice.
  4. Funny, I literally thought the same when I read that garbage in the main thread. I don’t understand the hysteria over digital snow.
  5. Up to 30.8 with significant icing. Hoping we get above freezing soon.
  6. IP/FRZA mix...can’t imagine its good skiing conditions on Wisp right now.
  7. This is the kind of freezing rain that accretes really well....very light in intensity. About 0.15” accretion so far. 26 degrees.
  8. 24 for the low. Currently 25/23 and -FRZA just started.
  9. For those wondering the differences between a west or east based block, the link below is a great read: https://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/patterns/nao
  10. Never say never! RIC could see 700” of snow this year
  11. BWI: 12.9 DCA: 4.8 IAD: 14.2 RIC: 0.3 SBY: 19.2
  12. Last year had a cold November (-AO if i remember correctly) followed by...well we know what followed that. Not saying we should expect it to be 100% opposite of last year — but what happens in November doesn’t set the stage for the rest of the winter is my point.
  13. front loaded especially if it means a white Christmas. Delayed usually means denied around here
  14. I still think we’ll ‘luck’ into a storm this year even if the indices say we’re fooked...its hard to have two back to back abysmal winters.
  15. That was the first year I started tracking storms on models and I remember thinking “geesh, what’s so hard about this...we keep getting perfect storm setups”. Ahhh - then reality set up in subsequent winters...
  16. Cold powder with no mixing worries along/east of 95 with any storm in winter is a blessing, especially pre-Christmas.
  17. This winter already beats last winter. I’m not even sure we got a storm within 10 days on a model.
  18. We’d be better off shutting down this thread and the MR/LR thread. Clearly it’ll be 52 and rainy from D through March.
  19. Looks like I'll be spending Halloween in Deep Creek. A foot of snow and a bag of Reese's Cups sounds great.
  20. I think you missed the point of my post.
  21. Tracking winter used to be way more fun before these long range seasonal models came around.
×
×
  • Create New...