Southern stream is pretty amped this run and the confluence shoots right on out. Not saying it's right...it's the German model for god's sake...but I'm not surprised it's way more N this run based on the upper air.
I remember reading about an event in the last decade or so where Pinkham Notch was getting crushed and the summit of Mount Washington had sun with undercast and flurries reaching the summit from the undercast below.
That’s basically what I get now. The first time it was a good effort, the 2nd time it was a quick measure, the 3rd time it was just a pic, now it’s basically “gfy”.
These clouds the last 2 days have been a PITA...still 26.8°. Haven’t been out of the 20s since it was snowing late Sat night. I’d like the truck ice free...thx.
lol at that Peter Sinks site. They mixed out overnight and went from -28F to the mid 20s in under an hour.
5:45
24.6
7.3
12.7
NNE
0.0
12.23
Caution
5:30
18.9
7.4
12.3
N
0.0
12.21
Caution
5:15
-16.7
1.8
9.0
ENE
0.0
12.14
Caution
5:00
-26.7
0.0
0.0
0.0
12.23
Caution
4:45
-27.3
0.0
1.1
SE
0.0
12.22
Caution
32.3/31. -RA, but started as a period of -ZR. For those traveling up here early watch out for slick spots. NHDOT sucks in the early season before the roads finally accumulate some salt.
Yeah...deeper CAD and they’re fine. When it turns into one of those shallow in-situ deals they will probably mix out a bit before Gene and I. But it’s not like it’s going to cost them much...maybe a little less freezing drizzle in some events.