Jump to content

dendrite

Administrator / Meteorologist
  • Posts

    75,876
  • Joined

Everything posted by dendrite

  1. Anyone into antiques? Barograph of yore. https://brookline-auction-gallery-llc.liveauctioneers.com/item/94470875_rare-scientific-barograph-barometer
  2. Keep the politics out of here. We made AmPol for a reason.
  3. Surprisingly MPV is listed with a tipper too. I guess that means only BTV has an AWPAGs.
  4. Not sure...it’s missing data. It’s probably is a tipper though. You have pics of the ASOS suite, right? edit...the more I look the more I think only the main climo stations have them. MHT apparently has a heated tipper as well. CON and BTV have AWPAGs.
  5. SNE missed out on 2/25 too...that was about a foot of paste up here.
  6. The AWPAGs precip gauges are really good now. With wind screens the % loss due to turbulence is significantly reduced. It looks like DDH has not received one yet so they still have a heated tipping bucket which will be prone to evaporation in S and tip spill issues in +RA. PSF has a heated tipping bucket as well.
  7. Sucks for a lot of people, but I am loving it. 5 years ago I would be cheering -30F on, but I have other interests now that keep me cheering the cold away. (birds and bamboo)
  8. It’s actually relatively cold under that cutoff ridge at the sfc in the prairie provinces and the upper plains...heavy heavy inversion and fake cold though.
  9. That is a really weird H5 look for the season across the interior of NAMER.
  10. 10-20”...lol. I did that in 3 hours.
  11. Usually when my chickens are enjoying winter the weenies on the forum are losing it....a definite negative correlation.
  12. 3k with about 0.20" before the flip. RGEM about 0.30". 12z EC was a bit over 0.40". So we'll call it 2-4" of snow here and then some crap on top. Just enough to be a PITA and not melt until March.
  13. No. These are good events for you and me. The SW flow is in the upper levels. The low levels have a NE ageostrophic drain with the CAD. This run just has better forcing in S NH versus N NH so I end up with a good quick thump before the changeover. Sometimes it just happens.
  14. RGEM has been ticking warmer. Gotta watch that dryslot like Chris mentioned because midlevel temps are pretty meh for nucleation. Once that dryslot punches in between H5-H7 it could be ZR even if the entire column is sub freezing.
  15. Looks like 3k would be about 1-2" of S/IP here and then a period of ZR. Then maybe another inch of snow on top of that. Fun.
  16. Picking up better on the warm tongue aloft now...and yeah, need to get that midlevel flow backed in time to keep the cold air aloft in place. Otherwise we S>IP>ZR and then back to a little snow to finish.
  17. Idk if you drink coffee...obvi avoid caffeine in PM hours. Maybe supplement some magnesium? It’s easy to be deficient in it and it’s vital to our body.
×
×
  • Create New...