Jump to content

dendrite

Administrator / Meteorologist
  • Posts

    75,780
  • Joined

Everything posted by dendrite

  1. Yeah and that's generally the theme with the last 30 years vs the 30 years prior. Cooler months now are usually a result of cooler max temps while the mins are generally trying to pull the mean upward. Yeah, occasionally we get a month with some near record mins (Sep 2020), but they're pretty rare now. I'm not trying to get into another CC debate...just stating what the data and trend has been the last 75 years. The thing is I don't think the average person understands that we recalculate the normals every 10 years. So when they see "-1F September 2026" you start seeing posts online like "so much for global warming". Anyway...63.5F so far today. It's hard to believe, but my warmest temp this month is only 76.8F with 10 days of 70+. But it was another very safe month of mins with only one in the u30s and it's 5 straight days here of 52+ mins.
  2. Today will probably be a slight + too. This month would've been solidly AN when I was growing up in the 90s.
  3. I'd lean Wed morning...Tue AM we may still be mixed with CAA. But yeah, growing season may be on thin ice up here unless the intensity backs off...which is possible given it's 6 days out.
  4. I mowed the pawpaw and chestnut area once in the early spring and that has been it. There’s a little meadow back there now with clover, goldenrod, and aster. The crickets have been insane.
  5. I think that’s ^^^ Ken’s new theme song Like Lips & Hips for Ginxy
  6. Yeah he forgot to subtract out the 2” from the bottom of the log. Or maybe there’s some emerald ash borer displacing some of the water.
  7. It would’ve been a good day to plant some seedlings today during the lulls. I’ll probably wait for a warmer, drizzly day in October though.
  8. Yeah I may pass you on storm total. It’s been a steady sheet rain or drizzle for most of the day. Love it. Currently 52.5° +RA and 1.56”
  9. It’s the tldr/reality tv era. Drip those dramatic titles and tweets right into my IV.
  10. 53.0° RA Up to 1.11” Another 1/2” would be nice. We don’t need any of that 6-8” nonsense.
  11. A lot of people have an infatuation with drama or the need to always be a part of extreme events. The clickbaiters give them exactly what they want.
  12. Here’s some obs. BTV had 52kt sustained and CON 54kt sustained. https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/request/asos.py?network=CT_ASOS&station=BDL&station=HFD&station=HVN&station=BTV&station=BDR&station=CON&station=EWR&station=ALB&station=BOS&station=EWR&station=PSM&data=metar&year1=1950&month1=11&day1=25&year2=1950&month2=11&day2=27&tz=Etc%2FUTC&format=onlycomma&latlon=no&elev=no&missing=M&trace=T&direct=no&report_type=3&report_type=4
  13. The Great Appalachian storm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Appalachian_Storm_of_1950 We were in the warm sector. That was a LLJ on roids…east flow and we were pulling near hurricane force sustained. Then the cold front went through from the south toward midnight…we had CAA from southerly flow, but the wind diminished behind the cold front. There was a point the next morning where it was snowing at BDR and raining at BDL.
  14. CON 110mph EWR 108 HFD 100 NYC 94 BDR 88 ALB 83 HVN 77 https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/mwre/78/11/1520-0493_1950_078_0204_tdson_2_0_co_2.pdf
×
×
  • Create New...