Jump to content

Baroclinic Zone

Members
  • Posts

    47,825
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baroclinic Zone

  1. Every day that goes by we're entering uncharted territory for re-infections. I would not doubt the validity of the claim though.
  2. Chelsea Soldier's Home resident tests positive for Covid a 2nd time after recovering in May. https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/09/21/resident-of-chelsea-soldiers-home-tests-positive-for-a-2nd-time
  3. I rocked the 204cm K2 Extremes along with a pair of 190cm Rossi 7s back in the 90s.
  4. 9F drop in the last 20min at TAN. 57F down to 48F. Comfy 70F inside and that’s without using any heat.
  5. Have you looked into Bretton Woods? I believe @alex has some rental properties up there or you could look at staying at the Mt Washington Hotel.
  6. 5 deaths now attributed to the Wedding in ME last month. 176 total cases. https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/09/15/fifth-covid-death-maine-wedding
  7. My sister used to live in Florrisant, CO and that had a couple years when their home was threatened by wildfires. Recall seeing some photos of burned brush around the house.
  8. The "Natural" Color-Fire setting is crazy. https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-N_California-natcolorfire-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined
  9. Congrats Sturgis Bikers. You got the award for the largest super-spreader evenet thus far. 267K cases. https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6651879-Researchers-Sturgis-Motorcycle-Rally-a-superspreader-event-linked-to-267K-COVID-19-cases https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2020/09/08/sturgis-was-a-super-spreader-event-with-a-billion-dollar-health-cost
  10. Waves that big, they do get towed into. That is an extremely dangerous surfing spot. I watched a show and they featured that location. What makes it so special is the underwater canyon that extends like 30-40mi offshore and the water is allowed to funnel into that spot creating these monstrous waves.
  11. In real estate there is only one thing. Location, location, location. If the owner of the property likes the location but does not like the house and have money to spend, they’ll tear it down and build what they like. Happens all the time of varying scale.
  12. These types of nights are intriguing to me. Microclimates. 7F drop in less then 1hr
  13. Didn’t vote. I’m unenrolled and didn’t see anyone that I felt I needed to vote for. We’re on to November.
  14. Chain restaurants are the worst. We're lucky to live in an area of the county where we have a breadth of local family owned restaurants.
  15. https://www.boston.com/food/restaurants/2020/08/31/the-fours-boston-closing
  16. Another season has passed. Time for pumpkin spiced barf and the 1st wood burning stoves of the cool season.
×
×
  • Create New...