Jump to content

SnowenOutThere

Members
  • Posts

    5,730
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SnowenOutThere

  1. Man I wish I could meet the person behind these posts. I am genuinely curious why you are the way you are. I would love to meet the guy who types 20 periods and then does the next sentence correctly. I want to know who is on a weather form while being vehemently against climate change. I would love to see the person who seemingly thinks they know more than studied meteorologists. I want to meet the person who had "expectations" for a teenager on the AMWX forms, and then feels "severe disappointment" over what I've become. Why am I disappointing to you? Is it because I believe in degreed meteorologists over the whims of a stranger? Is it because I believe in the science of climate change? Is it because I don't baselessly use anecdotes for forecasting and I push back on those who do? Despite your often demeaning posts towards me I can't seem to find any emotion in me for you but curiosity, and maybe a bit of pity.
  2. Thanks guys! Makes sense why they issued a flood watch then. Though, I do wonder if there was merit for a flash flood watch as I still think its a distinct type of flooding.
  3. I hope they set the record on so called “climate change” straight at the Great American Fair with an exhibit on the REAL science of underwater volcanoes!
  4. I suppose I'm confused why it isn't a flash flood warning. A flood warning to me implies that the ground is saturated and a soaking rain/training storms will push already heighted rivers over the edge. Flash floods were more so thunderstorms overwhelming the ability of runoff to keep up. Even then, the CAMs seem somewhat unimpressive (or at least the NAM & HRRR)? I don't disagree that flooding could happen, I took a good look at the mesoscale analysis page and I understand we got the precipitable water content, good moisture transport, and a stalled boundary with pressure falling but a flood watch catches me off guard. I suppose we'll have to see if anything kicks off soon, though I'm not sure what would make something occur along the boundary in say an hour vs nothing happening all day.
  5. Genuinely questioned if the flood watch was a misinput. Can someone smarter explain why we have one till 10pm? @vortex95 @Eskimo Joe
  6. Went into DC on a rainy day adventure to see the tidal basin. DC really does the imperial city vibes well in the rain.
  7. I chose to take a rain swim, then head into DC for my activities. Got to see the reflection pool in person… lots of national guard people.
  8. No visible rotation from my vantage point. Massive downdraft/microburst visible though.
  9. Looks like the hooks reformed over GMU. Saw two bolts from the blue hit right over there
  10. It’s combined with the cell that popped up over 66 (I was driving west to get the culpeper cell) and it was nasty. Some of the heaviest rainfall you can get. The gust front is hitting me from the cell complex. I’m at the Herndon metro garage if anyone is interested in where my reports are from. They have a 6 story roof.
  11. Debating if I want to drive out on a local chase. Would set up east of Culpepper.
  12. I’m sorta feeling today. At the bare minimum we’re over 1000 SCAPE right now so I think we will at least get some storms this evening.
  13. Shear looks better than forecasted last night. Surface winds are nearly due south instead of the more westerly direction shown by the models.
  14. 3k NAM looked better too. Though severe wise the hodographs look less impressive than this morning. Generally the surface winds are more westerly instead of southern on the latest runs so you don’t get the same amount of directional shear
  15. It mixes tomorrow into the upper 50s for dewpoints, NAM stays in the mid to upper 60s.
  16. Its the RRFS but man those are some nasty updraft helicity tracks. Most I've seen for this area on any model.
  17. Beautiful sunset! NAM sounding expertly shows the distribution of the mid/high level clouds needed to make this sunset work
  18. Hyped to coach a rain practice today, I always loved them when I swam outside.
  19. Went on a morning hike of Harper’s Ferry MD side. Beautiful, got there at 6:30am and avoided the crowds.
  20. Hell of a Tornado outbreak looks to be occurring in PA. 7 active warnings right now
×
×
  • Create New...