Jump to content

NorthHillsWx

Members
  • Posts

    7,668
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NorthHillsWx

  1. This pass will decide if it gets the upgrade. I would be shocked if it didn’t find cat 3-worthy winds
  2. HAFS-B has gone from a decapitated, essentially nor Easter, landfall to a cat 3 with eyewall intact as it crosses the coast. Buckle up coastal residents
  3. Think they are awaiting recon but that is almost undeniably a major at the moment. I’d venture to guess recon emphatically concludes the same
  4. What a tough forecast. You have an intensifying likely major hurricane on final approach and are banking on a decapitation to occur in next 12 hours while the system is still intensifying at the moment. Wouldn’t want to be the one sending that messaging. NHC is doing a fantastic job with it. I still think this weakens to cat 1 by landfalll but NHC noted explicitly they are expecting a high end cat 2 when it crosses the coast now
  5. Eye coming into radar view of KEVX and KMOB now snd it looks very strong
  6. Also has it pretty much on the coast at 100 mph now
  7. I’m going with an overnight/morning peak of 105 kts and a LF at 80 kts
  8. Regional hurricane models had a large uptick at 18z for overnight intensity. Really wouldn’t be shocked at all to see a major overnight. Also, this is never going to be a photographic hurricane, too much shear for that
  9. Easily the best satellite presentation of the system’s life right now. How spicy does it want to get overnight?
  10. Very impressive ring of convection developing around the…. Eye…. Yes we have a legit eye now! Appears to be making another leap
  11. FL supported 80 kts but they noted tail Doppler found slightly higher winds around them enough to justify the increase. With organization once again looking better there’s nothing to argue why further increases wouldn’t be expected tonight as well
  12. Yep. Core is there and it will be moving over slightly warmer waters too. Diurnal max will be the max for this system. Imo 95-105 kts is attainable
  13. Recon seems supportive of 80 kts, closing in on cat 2 at a much more modest rate today
  14. Looks like a legit eye to me but it’s only cleared out bc the convection waned and isn’t overshooting it from the SW I believe. Looks legit now
  15. My expectation for most of the piedmont is 1" but I would not be surprised in the coastal convection robbed even more moisture and there is a screw zone of like 1/2" between here and PTI
  16. Been on the same pattern since yesterday of convection really dying off during diurnal minimum but coming back with a vengeance overnight
  17. Very impressive structure especially given the shear. If it maintains the current blow up of storms during the convective minimum that could allow significant intensification
  18. Winds catching up to the pressure falls. Wouldn’t surprise me if recon found a cat 2 this morning. RI since yesterday morning in spite of shear. 40 mph increase since this time yesterday.
  19. Significant strengthening ongoing this pass
  20. Incredible organization since this morning’s flight. The inner core is well on its way to becoming established. Very tight core too
  21. Very good chance of severe weather across the south given the combination of a tropical system interacting with a strong jet and dry air shooting in the backside. Probably a tornado outbreak for the south
×
×
  • Create New...