-
Posts
7,572 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by NorthHillsWx
-
-
I think the FV3 handled this event the best
-
Florida and Louisiana currently have a deeper snowpack than most of the midwest including the dakotas and southern Canada. I don’t know how many times I’ll be able to say that in my life
-
3
-
-
If we keep this thick cloud cover I highly doubt we make it to the upper 30’s, or even above freezing. It’s currently 18 with thick clouds. Will be interesting to see how temps play out the rest of the day
-
2
-
-
10 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:
Single digits in portions of eastern NC this morning!
Farm in Franklin county got down to 7.9!
-
Low of 14 this morning! Coldest of the year and coldest since Jan 2022
-
Already down to 19. Let’s see where we bottom out
-
I will not get emotionally involved tracking a storm again. I will not get emotionally involved tracking a storm again. I will not get emotionally involved tracking a storm again…..
-
3
-
7
-
-
1 hour ago, BornAgain13 said:
18z GFS with a big snow/ice storm at Day 10. Several runs in a row showing a winter storm.
Brick pulled in the last one from 13 days out. We’re in the short range now
-
3
-
6
-
-
38 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:
It is 19 degrees right now, but it does not feel that cold. I think we've become acclimated to the cold this month.
Almost wall to wall cold in January
-
1
-
-
High of 29.3 after a low of 19.2. Despite being well below freezing all day the sun vaporized the snow in exposed areas. High of 28.4 yesterday. Impressive cold
-
2
-
-
Once in a lifetime event for the furthest southern posters and snow for pretty much the whole forum. Sledding with my 3 yo. Absolutely gorgeous out. Wish we’d gotten more but after losing the storm then being saved by the NW trend in the last 24 hours it feels like a huge win. Deep winter feel. 22 degrees full sun and solid snow pack
-
14
-
-
1.25” storm total. Congrats to those getting dumped on. I’m happy, was able to shovel my driveway and my kids will get to enjoy a real snow day tomorrow. Now let’s Chase a big dog.
-
3
-
-
Just now, GaWx said:
ZR changed back to moderate sleet within the last ~45 minutes and with the colder temp (29.0F), it is accumulating nicely on the ground now with ~0.5” measured! As Don said, it switched to snow at the more inland airport at 10PM.
Hoping you stay frozen and not freezing. Winding down here now. I’ll get final measurement after it stops. Definitely piled up some since I last measured. Good event here given cold temps and drama over last 3 days. Kids will enjoy it tomorrow
-
3
-
1
-
-
Weenies: shovel your snow piles high and make sure theyre in the shade
-
2
-
1
-
-
1 minute ago, PackGrad05 said:
Really nice band setting up along I-95 from Florence to Fayetteville.. moving north.
You can see the coastal starting to crank
-
1 minute ago, btownheel said:
Unless I’m reading that radar wrong, SE coastal NC around the ILM region is gonna get just hammered. That’s really cool for them.
.They are locked in. Just got a video from a friend in Morehead city, looks like a blizzard. I bet we see some double digit totals near the coast
-
1
-
-
It‘s funny that our winter weather advisory storm is going to be much more impressive than the warning storm from a couple weeks ago.
-
5
-
-
21 minutes ago, bankdawg said:
With all the records being broken, this historic storm will have to have a name. What will it be?
It was decided at hour 310 on the 18z happy hour GFS nearly two weeks ago. It’s the #Brickstorm
-
3
-
-
Pretty awesome watching it snow at 21 degrees. Not normal here
-
7
-
1
-
-
Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve done it. 1 inch on the snow board. Still snowing steady. The #brickstorm broke the drought
-
18
-
-
Best rates so far. Come on baby, give us this for a few more hours!
-
1
-
-
Whatever just happened I love it. Legit moderate snow. Bigger flakes. Adding up quickly
-
10
-
-
-
Roads already covered here. Solid coating, rates picking up
-
2
-


Mid to long range discussion- 2025
in Southeastern States
Posted
Holy sh*t that’s a monster wedge on the 31st on 12z GFS. 1045 sitting in central PA. Storm is hung up (weird evolution) but that is a STRONG wedge as shown