Jump to content

crossbowftw3

Members
  • Posts

    1,401
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by crossbowftw3

  1. Well, while this weekend’s threat is pretty much gone now; next week is starting to look pretty interesting at this point.
  2. Listening to the ice melt away is somehow one of the most oddly satisfying things one can do for some reason. 37/35 at my place as of now We have to then replace this with at least 2-4" of snow tomorrow winter can be fascinating yet highly confounding at the same time
  3. Advisories populating- general 1-3 and ice of .1-.25, even .3 possible.
  4. Gotta wade through the mud to find the goldmine. Tomorrow’s event will come and go, and Sunday-Monday hinges on a marginal airmass, but I can’t wait to see what happens mid-month. Up here we made it to roughly 1/3 of what we had last year from the 16th/17th (36 inches which was roughly 25-30 below average) and here’s to hoping we can cover our totals from last year (if at all possible) by then.
  5. Didn’t areas near Ottawa have to deal with continually falling ZR for up to five days? Regardless this isn’t that by any means, still think .1-.3 is good enough of a guess for areas that do see the ice
  6. That's right, how could I forget? Ha Either way still pretty much nothing more than a nuisance, especially the day after NYE when people are trying to move about and get back home from festivities
  7. Thinking any icing is probably limited to .1-.25 for most but given your location you could see slightly more ice and maybe more frozen overall
  8. I would think with your typical paring down with ZR QPF not being 1:1 probably a widespread .1-.3" with higher elevations going up to .5".
  9. Blizzard warnings definitely still do exist and get used. Some were used this past January but in the Upper Midwest.
  10. We're still largely on the course but model wars have commenced for another season
  11. Regardless of what Kevin thinks that's likely highly implausible to happen...if at 10:1 you're asking for 3" of snow an hour for 12 hours...essentially, one band has to last for half a day. Not likely.
  12. Some from just last winter even...I know there was one from February that had 20+ DC to Boston Edit: strangely very similar to what we're being shown now. hmmm.
  13. I turned my back on them a while ago (a few years by this point.) The "covidcane" stunt was pretty preposterous; but by then I had forums like this that are a good deal better at conveying the information behind the storms than TWC ever could dream to.
  14. Just another one of the "names" TWC applied to winter storms (which I don't care for, really, just threw the name in there) aka January 2016 My 23rd birthday is next month; and to be honest I never liked them. I just associate the name to some bitterness from that blizzard. It happened too close to my birthday that year.
  15. Being close to those areas 20-30" absolutely isn't happening. 8-12 with pockets of 12-16 probably seem most doable at the moment.
  16. Here in the Catskills with the CMC/GFS runs in mind I really wouldn't mind if this evolves to become the next 95 crusher. Many of you here (and in the MA/NYC forums) definitely need it after the last few years
  17. As someone who got 26" in 15 hours during Pi day 2017 I can attest you absolutely don't need duration to get big totals, ha
×
×
  • Create New...