-
Posts
2,862 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by OrdIowPitMsp
-
-
18z hrrr beautifully depicts the dry tongue punching east to MSP denying us an inch.
-
1
-
-
17 minutes ago, mimillman said:
NAM says congrats MSP
The 3km only gives us 1-2”
I see the 12km NAM spits out 4-6” here but I usually don’t look at it.
-
-8F another chilly morning.
-
Probably a general 1-3” for MSP. Snowpack refresher before suppression.
-
Getting in on the action on the extreme northern edge. I’m down in Cannon Falls MN for work today and it’s a pixie dust storm at 0F.
-
1
-
-
Heavy overcast and -2 this morning. Stacking below zero lows efficiently this month.
-
1
-
-
MSP gonna join the fun. 30% chance of snow tomorrow and up to 0.01” of precipitation.
Final Call: 18 flakes.
-
1
-
3
-
-
-8 at MSP. Standard winter cold.
-
Low of -1F this morning. That will feel mild compared to what’s coming this week.
-
-
Storm total was 3.3” here on only 0.14” of precipitation. 23:1 ratio if my math is correct.
Down to -3F at the moment.
-
2
-
-
6 minutes ago, dmc76 said:
MSP picked up 3-8” across the entire metro area. South MSP was forecasted to be on the low end
Hrrr was putting out 1-2” for most of the metro south of I-694 last night. This storm actually ended up closer to what was modeled a couple days ago. 6-8” across the north metro. 4-6” across the central metro and 3-5” across southern portions.
Imo the airport is at the southern end of the central metro, and south of the Minnesota River is what I’d consider south metro.
-
6
-
-
6 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:
The excitement of expecting 5-8".
The disgust at only possibly getting 1"
The relief of getting 3".
All in the same storm. Gotta love models.
Spot on.
-
2
-
-
-
18 minutes ago, mnchaserguy said:
I think I got a solid 4-5” so far. Big band of snow just to my south should help make up a bit for most of the metro.
.Nice. I saw a 4” from Coon Rapids an hour ago. I’m eyeballing around 2” on the deck here.
-
1
-
-
Laugh all you want @Powerballbut we’ve definitely eclipsed an inch. Puking massive cotton balls currently.
-
1
-
2
-
-
Further north track and dry air win again. We have less then half an inch of new snow and probably won’t eclipse an inch.
-
1
-
2
-
-
This has turned into a nuisance 2-4” snowfall at best for the Twin Cities. Old patterns die hard.
-
1
-
1
-
-
20 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:
I thought your region just scored with Monday's system?
MSP picked up 0.9”
2 counties north of the metro scored 3-4”
-
1
-
1
-
-
5 hours ago, mnchaserguy said:
Euro has almost completely dried up for us in MSP. Hrrr still says we will have a decent storm. Who knows which one is right. Would lean towards the high res but the models are a crap shoot these days.
.While out of range the 3km NAM is showing the main band well north of the metro and we get the dry slot. Honestly with the way this winter has gone I’ll be happy to score 4” but I’m not feeling as confident about that anymore.
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, mnchaserguy said:
At this rate it seems like it’s going to end up being about half that. That dry slot could really mess things up too.
.That would be par for the course the way this winter has played out. Just can’t get juicy storms to enter our region.
-
1
-
-
-
0.5”-1” is my best guess for mby.
-
2/7-2/8 is looking like a good hit for MSP. GFS and Euro both in agreement with 0.50”+ of precipitation and SLRs of 15:1-20:1. I’d start a thread but it would be an echo chamber of me. Time to get the powder skis waxed.
-
1
-


2/14-2/15 Potential Major Winter Storm
in Lakes/Ohio Valley
Posted
MPX is bullish. Point and click has 3.1” imby.