-
Posts
637 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by KoalaBeer
-
Ya I guess I can’t blame operations. I’m just fed up with vail with there lack of communication and commitment. Hell they tooted the horn for weeks they didn’t want to open wildcat without more terrain to spread people out with covid, only for them to open with one trail. Like ya it was about ‘covid’ and not the ‘money’...sure thing Vail.
-
I’ve been looking around on social media of photos in that area. It’s just insane. Looks like those photos I see of those high alpine ski towns in the alps of Europe that are just buried. Okemo seems like they got 40+...to bad Vail had to buy them looks like they are doing a terrible job of opening up terrain.
-
The twitter video posted earlier is pretty convincing. https://mobile.twitter.com/VTBrewtopian/status/1339608280784617472
-
Depends when you want to start counting the 24hrs? Storm max for VT is 60”.
-
There’s a storm max record of 35” at Mauna Loa observatory in the article I linked! Theres an old snowboard video I have of someone gapping over the road up there after an unexpected storm.
-
Ya definitely saw people struggling on some of the mountains webcams. Got to know the mountain and stick to the steep spots on days like today. I feel so bad watching beginners and intermediate riders on powder days get stuck in the flats and choose terrible lines.
-
49.5” the record or is it 56”....hmmm either way here’s the ultimate weenie article I keep bookmarked. https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Summary-US-State-Historical-Snowfall-Extremes
-
Congrats. And I gave you crap yesterday about being on the northern fringe zone and being grumpy about it haha....can’t wait to get up there, hopefully tomorrow if I can skip out of work. I’ve had a few storms tickle 30” when I was in Methuen for 20 years, we can spread the love every so often.
-
https://raggedmountainresort.com/Mountain-Cam/
-
I got porked in Hampton but can live with it looking at the totals up north. Please no cutter before X-mas, this I shaping up to be a good season on the slopes, 30+ at Ragged I bet. That webcams been fun to watch.
-
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Damn that thing is flying across the bay. Not often you see a PDS tornado warning for Tampa...luckily the rotation is weakening on radar. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Funny, I was just talking with a friend yesterday about heading out there and doing a little backcountry riding. Anyone have recent knowledge of temple or how overgrown it is? They should do real well. Hoping the goods make it far enough north to Ragged mountain as well. No work Friday so I’ll be heading somewhere... -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Plenty of things that can be learned spending time outside in nature. You sound like a grumpy old man, or maybe just mad your area is on the northern fringe zone. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
I mean I was definitely out playing in the snow in high school still....maybe I was smoking dope while doing so, but who’s asking? My mom used to try and hide me keys when I got my first car because she knew she couldn’t stop me from driving to Ski Bradford to go snowboard on snow days. Radar presentstion is looking juicy, I wonder if the NWS puts up there new radar page today for the storm or holds off. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
That weenie tail pointed to the sky can sense the blizzard incoming. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
I wasn’t here in early December last year so I missed that. I was stuck in Providence for weeks due to work and the winter was dookie after that. I can hit OC studios with a snowball from my place in Hampton on Ocean Blvd though. As a snow lover it’s almost like I keep moving to less snowy climates. Like I dipped out right after graduating high school in ‘07 to be a ski bum in Steamboat CO and boy did I get lucky that I feel like I should never complain again, but the weenie in me always does. Edit: having said that I never lost my appreciation for an epic coastal in New England. The best Nor’easters are on par with anything I’ve seen out west and they hold a special place in Meteorology. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
KoalaBeer replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Haha agreed! I think I moved to the seacoast not long after the whole 31” debacle and my jackpot in Methuen took over his measurement in Wilmington which I fully trusted...but I got a kick out of it on the spotter page. Still have yet too see a warning criteria event on the NH seacoast and I’m thinking of moving north once my lease is up end of January. Still holding out hope this delivers up here. -
Finally looks like a got a chance of a decent storm here on the coast....since I moved in last December I've measured under a foot of snow total in Hampton. Quite the difference from my old spot but last year was last year....enough said on that sad winter already. Really hoping the mountains don't get screwed out of this. They desperately need the snow to open new terrain but these cold temps will help snowmaking efforts tremendously. Also @DTWXRISK I appreciate your insight and posts. The more insight from mets here the better, but seriously what's up with the space bar in your posts man? I am genuinely curious.
-
Pretty sure I measured 28” on the west side of town. Used to have a good yardstick photo of that one....but some spots on the other side of Rt 213 and into Haverhill/Bradford had some 30+” reports. Ski Bradford with the jackpot that day lol.
-
About to pour a collab they did with Vitamin Sea. Can’t wait to try it.
-
Ditto this. I've only ever been on a board my whole life but managed a ski/snowboard shop for 5 years before getting out of retail. I would really push the customers to budget out most of there money on boots first whether on skis or a board. You could have the best skis and bindings on the market but if your boots suck you're going to have a bad time. Although I got to say 400-500 days on those boots!? I hope you changed out the toe and heel lugs man those wear down and cause bindings to not release properly. Snowboard boots are 100 days max in my experience but they also aren't made up of hard plastic. Damn I can't wait for the season to get here....
-
Might as well revive this thread as it looks like the tropics briefly turn active in the WPAC and BOB. TD 01 in the looks like it should make landfall in the Philippines as typhoon as conditions look quite favorable ahead of it as it tracks around the subtropical ridge. The ECMWF solution in the BOB is what really grabs my attention however. It's never a good thing when the Euro is showing a storm as such in this region. Long ways out on that one so things will most definitely change, but the potential is there.
-
Station went down before the worst hit. https://www.jma.go.jp/en/amedas_h/yesterday-93062.html?areaCode=000&groupCode=65
