Jump to content

Silver Meteor

Members
  • Posts

    241
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Meteor

  1. Native of MD/DC/DE I moved to Eastern NC in 2003. Ten years in Wilmington and now thirteen in Greenville. In those twenty three years have not seen a winter storm anywhere near this strong. In fact, have not seen anything more than four inches! (Saw plenty of the tropical stuff though.)
  2. You should have enough evidence by tomorrow afternoon. If it appears a dangerous storm at hand, cancel the trip. Your daughter should understand. If she doesn't, don't make her problem your whole family's problem.
  3. I got lucky, the ice here in Greenville, NC melted overnight and I managed to complete my cataract surgery this morning. Still woozy and blurry but hoping vision improves in a few hours. Best wishes your surgery goes well.
  4. Reminds me of Stephen King's great book and TV miniseries "The Langoliers." They're coming to get you!
  5. 20008 eh, mine was 20016 before they changed the system. It then became 20816. For the first 12 years of my life my address was "Washington, 16 D.C." despite living on the Maryland side of Mass. Ave. That was because Friendship Heights was the nearest post office. Zip Codes were created in 1963.
  6. Is there a movie theater and fire station near there? It looks a familiar area.
  7. That's very different than what we've been expecting in Eastern N.C. For example it shows 0.45 ZR in Greenville when we've been expecting only 0.10 since yesterday. This would be awful!
  8. THE WEDGE A bit out of your range (off to your southwest) but interesting anyway, at 3K feet elevation in northwest NC (near Boone) it's 17.8/15.8 with mix of sleet/ZR.
  9. Spotted it Tuesday night and posted in Southeast Forum:
  10. Thank you for showing a Mid-Atlantic view.
  11. Well said. When I worked at Naval Research and Development (DTNSRDC) in Carderock, Md. we had heavy duty computer power (4 Control Data Corp. mainframes plus one from Burroughs Corp.) The "software people" were the systems analysts who maintained the computers while the actual users (the "programmers,") were scientists and engineers who used FORTRAN's powerful mathematics simply as a tool of their trade.
  12. Helps to put your location in your profile. I've no idea where "me" is.
  13. DOS you say? Gracious I haven't heard that mentioned in eons. I learned computer programming (COBOL, FORTRAN, RPG and ASSEMBLY) on an IBM 360 with DOS operating system back in the late 1970s. Well, at least I'd guess you weren't using punch cards and vacuum tape drives in 2009, right?
  14. Where does this physically reside in the atmosphere? How many thousands of feet up, or what general millibar area?
  15. Don't even get me started on "plausible." Sigh.
  16. I posted this GFS storm a couple days ago. We're getting three? LOL
  17. 0.51" freezing rain for Greenville, NC ??? PASS THE VAPORS! I thought we'd be saved by our proximity to the coast.
  18. Oh you Yankees, LOL. That Low is forming at Cape Lookout (Morehead City.) Wilmington is the next one down, Cape Fear.
  19. It would make the ice storm WORSE. I want this whole mess to move north and get the heck out of here. If it comes back south the ice QPF would increase!
  20. Right, right ... the GFS has done such a great job. Let me remind you of yesterday's 12Z run:
  21. From what I've read the recon data shows up on tonight's 00Z runs. As for the euro I've no idea.
×
×
  • Create New...