Jump to content

George BM

Members
  • Posts

    3,069
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by George BM

  1. Yeah. Our standards are pretty low here in general. Once in a while we luck into more legit convective snow showers like on February 9, 2017, ... April 9, 2016 from NVA into SMD, ...and, of course, the favorite recent convective snow event in these parts... February 14, 2015. I'd love more than anything to experience a January 25, 1985 event here.
  2. There's an interesting vorticity-max showing up on LWX radar centered near the eastern tip of the WVA Panhandle. Perhaps it enhanced any showers/snow showers this afternoon? https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=LWX-N0Q-1-48-50-usa-rad
  3. Yeah. I wasn't anticipating skies being clear the whole night (I expected temps between 32-36F for my pre-dawn run (Actual Low: 28F)).So during my run this morning I was anxiously awaiting some rogue black ice on the damp looking pavement and roads to cause me to wipe out. I, however, survived unscathed.
  4. Clear skies + calm winds + lots of low-level moisture + wet grounds + below freezing temperatures = The heaviest "frost" I've seen 29F at IAD.
  5. We should each go into our records for this winter and see how much rain we get while the temperature is 33F.
  6. Not that I will tonight but if you're someone (like me) who has never drank alcohol once in your life before, what is a good way to start without killing yourself? ... SHOULD I start?
  7. FYI: Para-gfs is updating on tropicaltidbits again.
  8. Dec 7,9,14,25: T Dec 16-17: 2.1" Dec 18: 0.2" Stats: Trace on Christmas! Most snow received on Christmas day since 2010. 7 days with flakes through Dec 25th.
  9. 0.0" here so far. ETA: Actually make that a trace on Dec 7th, 9th and 14th.
  10. NANI?!! @WxWatcher007 Who in the floppy flap jacks gave you the right to steal MY tradition of being the ridiculous weenie here?! MINE MINE MINE!!! Think you can take my last place prize from me this year can ya?! Well perhaps you did! This is a blatant act of WAR that you have declared on me and my kin! You win NOTHING!!! We will see a repeat of 2013-2014 and I will finally be declared SUPREME LEADER er... WINNER of the snowfall contest! @PrinceFrederickWx I'll be waiting for you with my prize in the spring... ... DON'T BE LATE!
  11. So... nobody's going to talk about the GFS parallel giving us our December 5th snow event?
  12. BWI: 50.2" DCA: 36.7" IAD: 51.1" RIC: 27.2" Tiebreaker (SBY): 28.8"
  13. Why 33 and rain when you can 32.000000001 and rain!
  14. This is just me being 'Curious George' but what would the winter weather pattern look like if there was ever a "super" la nina (ONI < -2.0C)? - TIA
  15. @psuhoffman I don't have anything to add but thank you so much for the time and effort put into this!
  16. Thread created August 23, 2011 at 1:51pm edt. Earthquake occured August 23, 2011 at 1:51pm edt. I'm just picturing Kenny weenieing bigly ninjaly whipping up the earthquake thread while mass chaos ensues all around him.
×
×
  • Create New...