Jump to content

Scarlet Pimpernel

Members
  • Posts

    7,820
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scarlet Pimpernel

  1. Why is there discussion about spring and longer range thoughts in a thread that's about an upcoming event later tonight and tomorrow?
  2. I can't quite tell what's going on, but it's not just the snow, it's a veritable precip blank almost. Like a rain shadow of some sort?
  3. Nahhh...just keep coming on in here regularly...you're sure to see plenty of "flakes" all year long!!
  4. Ahhh, the Maestro storm! Has a ring to it! Might strike the right chord and we can end this winter on a high note!
  5. Yeah, totally agree with that!! Bleah!!
  6. Definitely less separation between the northern stream drink (on the right) and the already neutrally tilted southern stream one. Looks like they definitely could phase into a much larger, more potent beverage. Especially since they are nearly empty so another glass is in order. I predict enhanced vertical motion uplifting the glass and a subsequent strong influx of booze imbibed as well. 00Z will be telling, but I like these trends!
  7. You forgot the "phone a friend" forecast! But not sure where that fits in to the overall order!
  8. Didn't you get the record or near-record for number of weenie reactions for some post awhile ago? LOL!!
  9. @Bob Chill was right, he really must have appeased the snow gods. Maybe offered Jobu's rum to the GFS for happy hour!
  10. Now that is quite the mixed metaphor there! But now that you mentioned it...
  11. That was an incredible event for sure! I was living in the Cleveland area at the time, working for a small, private forecasting company. Though we obviously didn't get the brunt of the storm, the eastern half of Ohio (especially southeast Ohio) still got hit hard with blizzard conditions. Northeast Ohio got about 6-12" and similar winds to what you had, with temperatures in the teens. For that event, I was at work, and one of the places we had to forecast for was the NY State Thruway (what a chore!). I was literally putting out forecasts to expect on the order of 2-4 FEET of snow across large portions of the Thruway. It seemed so unbelievable that I actually got a call from them asking about it!! The place I worked at actually had to put me up in a downtown hotel that Saturday night because conditions were so bad in the Cleveland area that I couldn't have gotten back to my place (many roads closed or partially closed, including the Shoreway, a highway which connects the east and west sides of town). It's not typical that a nor'easter like that would really affect Ohio much (except perhaps the southern part of the state), but this one impacted such a large area.
  12. Well, that "bites"...just not in the way we would like!!
  13. I guess not a total surprise that it wouldn't appear on the mean. What do individual members look like around then...any that show any kind of hit? I thought the GEFS members earlier showed some good activity at that time with some hits.
×
×
  • Create New...