Jump to content

the_other_guy

Members
  • Posts

    2,947
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the_other_guy

  1. Why is everyone bragging about no heat? I dont get it. 41F here this morning. Heat was on…and has been on at least 5 times already. The weekend of 26/27, it was on several times during the day. Who wants to be cold and damp in their house? Bizzaro
  2. everybody keeps talking about October warmth… it’s like a bunch of 60s. I just looked to make sure I’m not crazy.. the normal high at this time of year 66°. Next week 50s. What warmth is everybody talking about? Sept was slightly BN. This hasnt been an unusually warm fall so far
  3. Yet a couple of BN months in there including last one.
  4. Always searching for warmth and a strong SE ridge…
  5. What day is that? And can we quote you for credit when we get there?
  6. I just want to clarify some narratives being played in the forum. If you were inland, like I am in Westchester, this was pretty much nothing but an annoying drizzly sometimes rainy weekend. An under-performer based on what was hyped by an always hysterical populous. As for beaches, and Eastern Long Island, this was NOT a standard nor easter. The beaches on the north shore have devastation that I have only seen one time since 1988…Sandy. A tale of two storms…with the worst aspect being prolonged, days long erosion with strong NE winds
  7. Beach annihilated in Wading River. Nor Easters were/are always much worse than hurricanes in terms of beach erosion…and that played out over last few days
  8. Like I said, we cancelled none in NYC yesterday. And 31, over the course of the day is as good as it will get with marginal weather. The FAA is planning delays at JFK and EWR for wind later this afternoon. LGA, at a more normal schedule today, it already running delays with single runways ops. Todays schedule needs 2 runways As long as the worst weather stays to the overnight hours, the weather forecasted for the day will not lead to mass cancellations. It just isnt bad enough or slowing things down enough
  9. We didnt cancel 1 flight. Until 4pm, there were no ATC delays at all. Simply wasnt weather to call for it. Saturday schedule is also much reduced at LGA. They can operate on one runway easily. JFK is going 7 days a week
  10. Not here at all. Just started raining again after a solid 5 hour break I went for a 6 mile run on the trail…which says it all
  11. Nothing burger in Westchester thus far. Dry slotted and winds are tame. Hopefully it stays thru the daylight hours
  12. Nice Gap to enjoy Saturday a bit if you are away from the beach
  13. Sure they will. They did it to me in Sandy. Left the day before landfall. Brooklyn cruise terminal destroyed. They left us tied to a dock in Boston for days. I rented a car at Logan and drove home They refused to let us cancel the cruise beforehand and then created such a disaster onboard they refunded the cruise.
  14. Why? I was flying this morning and knew we wouldnt get a drop of rain til after midnight.
  15. Its nice out. The bottom really fell out of summer quick this year. Quicker than what we are used to in the new climate regime
  16. Starting to get hints if color in Westchester and north. Break out the pumpkin spice
  17. talk about blowing through forecasted highs. it is awful combo of hot/humid out
  18. Nino: Cool summer No Tropical Activity Mild snowless winter You have 2 of 3 thus far for all those people that will call for snowy and cold in late Oct
  19. What are the chances or one tornado forming, crossing over a speck of land, and destroying that beach club. talk about unlucky for them
  20. Looks like an El Nino tropical map to me
  21. What beautiful weather behind the storm! I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again definitely had echoes of a coastal storm, including the rapid clearing and beautiful conditions behind it
  22. Yeh keeps backfilling
×
×
  • Create New...