The Euro AI and AI ENS, for better or worse, seem to be deadly in the D5-D8 range lately. I would mark this D11-D13 potential pattern reshuffle as an initial benchmark for whether patterns get can kicked or come in as advertised.
If you're referring to the theorem by Judah Cohen that postulates rapid snow cover advance can weaken the polar vortex, the jury seems to believe that's incorrect.
Happy Friday weenies. @wxmeddler and I did a thing. These are the first two tripod stations in the network. I'm excited that we'll get some better data at the southern end of Parr's Ridge, where the Gaithersburg station is ~350 ft. ASL and the Germantown station is ~630 feet ASL.
If the Euro AI wins then it would really boost my confidence in it going into winter, for better or worse. Seems like the Europeans are really upping their NWP -> AI game.
Berlin mesonet site had a peak gust of 36 mph earlier today. Will be interesting to see how this storm plays out this weekend. Hope it's a sign of a decent winter incoming.