Jump to content

PhineasC

Members
  • Posts

    34,634
  • Joined

Everything posted by PhineasC

  1. There’s a long history of Philly posters coming here pretending that they are in the same boat as DC, but we all know that is total BS. PHL can catch the ass-end of some Miller Bs, whereas DC basically never gets them.
  2. Not on his plane of existence. Elevate your consciousness, bro.
  3. We bought season passes for Cannon and Bretton Woods. Weekdays only.
  4. In fairness, when you started posting here, you always shit on every threat and loved doing drive-by trolling when optimism was high. You used to end up running away with your tail between your legs because it actually used to snow sometimes back then. These days, your pessimism is the best bet and means you make good calls. If 2009-2010 ever makes a return you will go back to busting every week.
  5. DC climate has shifted. It’s somewhere between RIC and RDU now. You are probably more like a closer-in Baltimore suburb. Time to calibrate expectations.
  6. Above normal temps, 10" or less of snow in DCA. Adjust accordingly for your area. That's my final call.
  7. I have a private PM thread with ORH where we talk about how mean you VT posters are. Bunch of poopyheads, the lot of you!
  8. Yeah, like I said it seems a bit overwrought to me. Facebook is a terrible place to look when trying to render judgements about anyone or anything.
  9. I never detected a single hint of bad vibes or an attitude from anyone in New Hampshire, even when I was there with MD plates when lockdowns across the country were still in full swing. Even being in an area that does not get a lot of long-term tourists and mostly seems like locals (Randolph/Gorham/Berlin), it has been fine. To be honest, it seems like the locals have been bending over backwards to be nice because they all want me to spend money on their services and at their shops given the crushed economy up there. Maybe it is different in VT. There is definitely a different feel between the two states; even my tone deaf self can pick it up. But this all feels overwrought to me. If VT guys are like Powderfreak and Phish it seems like a really chill place. LOL
  10. Buy a car and put VT plates on it.
  11. LOL yeah. I love J.Spin’s posts but his version of family skiing is clearly far beyond what we are doing. 2 dozen nice downhill days on groomed trails sounds about right for us.
  12. I’ll be doing my part for Cannon, Bretton Woods, and Wildcat.
  13. We are assuming the lodge stuff will be restricted/closed or at least really annoying. So we are planning to go direct from the car to the slopes as much as possible. I'm getting all 4 kids some equipment at the local ski swap place so we don't have to mess with rentals of any sort.
  14. Randolph, NH received 207" out of that putrid look. All snow weenies should head north if they want to escape the misery.
  15. Nice powdery snow here in Millville. A rare treat anywhere in the MA but especially near the coast. Looks like decent flake size.
  16. Epic sick textbook snow pattern should be in place by 1 Jan... oops I mean 10 Jan... uh make that 15 Jan... never mind, try 18 Jan... sorry, I got it this time, 22 Jan. That's the window I am sure of it!
  17. It is funny to read all of the posts with people wondering if we could ever get two HECS in a season, special winter, 100 inches, etc. It all seemed so easy that winter.
×
×
  • Create New...