Jump to content

CT Valley Snowman

Members
  • Posts

    5,337
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CT Valley Snowman

  1. People travel for beautiful scenery and what interests them. Seeing fall foliage in New England is on the bucket list for many people who enjoy traveling. It's become more and more popular. Most people wouldn't travel to experience exciting weather, but many of us here would because that's what interests us.
  2. Yup, that area and Litchfield County are the best overall, but nice scenery can be found everywhere. HelI, I just wake up, drink coffee and look at these trees in my backyard and I'm happy.
  3. If you're really into it, it is another level of scenery up there, but for me it's not worth the crowds/traffic and the leaves down here are just fine.
  4. People get locked on that weekend for convenience and I feel like it's sometimes marketed that way for business/tourism. Also, the foliage reports tend to run behind real conditions with some of their reporting. Columbus Day is usually more a CNE down to SNE high terrain deal. Even the highest terrain CNE can be past peak.
  5. I think going below average is fine, but I have too much respect for SNE climo, the CC related propensity for more extreme precip events including large snowfalls, and the 2nd half of winter "wildcard" pattern like 82-83 to just go complete ratter. I'd probably honestly go 25-40" in Boston rather than 15-30" if one was using 15" increments.
  6. There was some damage up here near the border, Enfield/Suffield/Granby area. I recall a burst of strong winds. We were right on the edge.
  7. The northern CT border towns do. But yes, definitely worse to the north.
  8. This is a typical morning low temp distribution around here. from 91 west down to the river , it's 33-34, once you go east a mile or two, 31.
  9. I think we can pull a 60 high to 32 by morning here in this pit. Radiators mount up.
  10. Any hikers or mountain enthusiasts in here willing to chime in on the accuracy of Mountain-Forecast.com for summit conditions or other resources. Some of my nephews are looking into hiking Mt Lafayette in the Whites very early on Saturday morning. They're even talking about trying to summit for sunrise. They're young, healthy, solid hikers but they haven't done winter hikes and I'm making sure they are informed and prepared and honestly trying to talk them out of it. I even texted their mother and told her it's not advisable.
  11. In ORH now. Observing foliage between home and here, generally low/moderate and areas of strong color. NE CT near Union seemed the furthest along.
  12. Mid 70's with dews today. Late summer feel.
  13. Everyone knows Carville's "It's the economy, stupid". When the economy,inflation,cost of living etc are hitting Americans hard, it usually doesn't bode well for the party in power.
  14. Not much sun here today so far, a bit in the morning. Sky cover forecasts have been too agressive/optimistic.
  15. Man I didn't realize the lower/outer Cape got pretty screwed rainfall wise.
  16. Peak seems a solid week early for you? Perhaps drought is playing a role?
×
×
  • Create New...