Jump to content

mappy

Members
  • Posts

    48,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by mappy

  1. Always Weld. I dont recall the circumstances of how the storm fired up, but absolutely can landspouts form from colliding boundaries
  2. Yup! That's exactly it. Landspouts can still cause damage, I believe a farm was damaged last night from that one. But its easier to get closer as the rotation is much more compact to the funnel itself vs a much larger area in a tornado from a supercell.
  3. Welcome! Very common in the upper plains, and this one was in Weld County, CO. Fairly sure that county has the most tornadoes every year.
  4. Fun fact: that was actually a landspout. While still technically a tornado, it forms differently than other tornadoes. The storm it formed from was still forming, there were no updrafts and upper air rotation, all the rotation came from ground level. Most landspouts are long and skinny that like because its rotation is on the ground.
  5. oh my. been so busy for hours I hadn't looked.
  6. fingers crossed for you!
  7. man that's the worst. that happened to us a while back, our HVAC guy came out to fix a refrigerate leak, and it helped for a bit until it didn't. We had a bigger crack further up the line that needed to be replaced. We ended up replacing the whole unit (it was old anyways).
  8. Was ridiculously loud at work today, could hear them through the window near my cube
  9. Ma and Pa were terrible to you
  10. the last 10 minute of the window
  11. lol 3 more would put him in the 100s
  12. LOL but I'm telling the truth. I was not in the wrong!
  13. to be fair, it would have been his fault had i actually hit him
  14. You're old. You will be even older if you see 2 more events.
  15. hahahahahahahaha... just doing my part.
  16. i feel bad for laughing
  17. reaction times are tested before one can start working
  18. lol almost hit @Baltimorewx in the parking lot
  19. I thought it was loud this weekend but it’s super duper loud this morning
  20. Yay to your first day! Will see you after you go through your orientation with HR
×
×
  • Create New...