Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mlost important thing for 12z models is does the phase occur, and where it occurs. Seems quite likely Euro is a bit too amped and phases a bit too soon. A couple hours later still gives most of SNE a very big event. Remember though that it does take much changes in stream interaction to take the bomb off the table. everything really needs to line of perfectly for that to happen.

I feel the watches were hoisted a shift too soon, not because 6" is not likely to verify (would take a big bust even at this point to not get warning criteria in interior SNE, but because of the uncertaintly wrt the south coast.

I was looking at pictures from the 78 Blizzard - how in the world did cars get trapped on 128?  I highly doubt that would ever happen today.

Looks like 6 inches was initially forecasted...

I was on 128 South just before a tractor trailer jackknifed and started the big mess.   Undoubtedly other accidents would have happened to cause the same thing but as I recall that is what started it.  Quite a memorable event and still my #1.

Seriously WhoTF cares about watches this morning I mean its Wed. So silly.

How about just for consistency?  It confuses the public (which I know is aware) but since I work in one state and live in another, I can tell you that some people are confused between what they hear on TV and read on the Web.  Not to mention it adds to notion that weather people (yes, the public lumps everyone in one bucket) doesn't know what they are talking about.

I personally don't care but I'm just showing the discrepancy.  It happens all the time...big deal.  I just like showing it when it does.

How about just for consistency?  It confuses the public (which I know is aware) but since I work in one state and live in another, I can tell you that some people are confused between what they hear on TV and read on the Web.  Not to mention it adds to notion that weather people (yes, the public lumps everyone in one bucket) doesn't know what they are talking about.

I personally don't care but I'm just showing the discrepancy.  It happens all the time...big deal.  I just like showing it when it does.

Some of those panels indicate paralyzing snow for much SNE.  Going to be a fun 24 hours of model watching.

Well have to say first time in two years I have looked at all my major storm bookmarks. One common theme from CT River East is a Beast, West is still a great storm minus the big winds. 

I was just thinking about how I'm fine with no big wind as long as I can watch hours of SN+ coming straight down.  Creates a beutiful silence when you are out in it.

Why is there a disconnect with BOX's snowfall map and BOX's watch map?  Is the 10-14" in CT/RI not the same as that in MA?

I'm liking that more guidance is on-board.  I hope this morning's runs hold true.

Watches are to highlight the potential that snowfall totals may reach or exceed 6 inches in a 12 hour period. It's not a forecast per se, nor does it have to line up perfectly with the forecast totals. I mean they aren't forecasting snowfall totals for every last town in every state. I think people read into this stuff too much sometimes.

Unlike previous systems this one just keeps getting better in both streams.

Lots of activity at the local mass highway plow station. They'll probably have an easier time down here with some potential mix or change but lots or lost overtime about to be made up!

Will see how this plays out today. Best place to be will be to my NW it seems. Jerry to bob to ginxy to will jackpot?

Archived