• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
New EDD page

It's nice. Very similar to the mesonet map http://www.daculaweather.com/4_mesonet.php but with more layers and features.

But at least on mesonet, you get other reporting stations besides "official" NWS stations. 

I have another one that also uses Google maps. I click on station markers to show temps. But both maps use a wider variety of data sources though and are updated more frequently. http://www.daculaweather.com/current/misc/google-maps-radar/4_google_radar.php

I noticed on the preview page, they had a webcam from dahlonegaweather.com which is a private weather station, so I don't know how or where they are getting some of their data. Couldn't figure out the model part and the interface is a little rough. It seems they are attempting to cram a lot of features into it, and that makes it harder to design a clean interface. 

All of these maps have cool features, but I still think Wunderground has done the best job of integrating everything into one package

It's nice. Very similar to the mesonet map http://www.daculaweather.com/4_mesonet.php but with more layers and features.

But at least on mesonet, you get other reporting stations besides "official" NWS stations. 

I have another one that also uses Google maps. I click on station markers to show temps. But both maps use a wider variety of data sources though and are updated more frequently. http://www.daculaweather.com/current/misc/google-maps-radar/4_google_radar.php

I noticed on the preview page, they had a webcam from dahlonegaweather.com which is a private weather station, so I don't know how or where they are getting some of their data. Couldn't figure out the model part and the interface is a little rough. It seems they are attempting to cram a lot of features into it, and that makes it harder to design a clean interface. 

All of these maps have cool features, but I still think Wunderground has done the best job of integrating everything into one package

The EDD has the mesonet sites. You just need to up the density of obs. It's a good SA tool for aviation and I like the model spread option, but I agree the plan view model data is limited and a bit clunky. I like the right click for the afd, fcst, raobs, etc.  

• 5 months later...

This has been an incredibly versatile web space.

However very recently, the satellite imagery interval was greatly reduced.

It is distressing as it is still tropical season.... as it is actually just the early months of tropical weather. : (   Previously a 24 hour loop of smoothly integrated global satellite imagery was available through this service.  I am hoping many people professional and amateur noticed this and are requesting it to be reverted to its original level of output. 

This has been an incredibly versatile web space.

However very recently, the satellite imagery interval was greatly reduced.

It is distressing as it is still tropical season.... as it is actually just the early months of tropical weather. : (   Previously a 24 hour loop of smoothly integrated global satellite imagery was available through this service.  I am hoping many people professional and amateur noticed this and are requesting it to be reverted to its original level of output. 

Jonathan has been very responsive in my correspondence with him, try using the feedback link and shoot him an email.

• 4 weeks later...

Jonathan has been very responsive in my correspondence with him, try using the feedback link and shoot him an email.

Yes. It was good just knowing that it was possible to send feedback.  The feature subtraction is looking permanent, but, maybe when the product goes public it will be restored.  In the meantime I am hoping it will come back before then. 

• 10 months later...

Archived